Senior Manager, Global PR and Communications (Instarem)
Marketing – Public Relations & Communication /
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
This position will operate under the Instarem Brand.
Instarem is Nium’s direct to consumer business, and its first payment service and brand that launched in 2014, providing fast, safe, and easy money transfers to friends and family around the world. Since its launch Instarem has been on a mission to make Money Simple for everyone. Offering individuals and businesses a smarter and more affordable way to move money across borders. A way without unfair exchange rates, hidden fees, or other complexities. Headquartered in Singapore, operating across six continents and serving 160+ markets. Individuals can send money using the Instarem app or website and the money is sent directly to the recipient. Businesses can both make and receive global payments via Instarem’s business platform. Instarem’s amaze travel card makes paying in foreign currencies a simple, convenient, and rewarding experience. The Instarem team includes employees, who are located around the globe in teams across Business, Tech, Product, Marketing, Customer Service, Operations and Compliance.
About the role:
- We are seeking a dynamic and experienced PR and Communications Manager to lead our public relations and communications strategy for the Insatrem brand. This role involves crafting compelling narratives about our brand, managing media relations, and enhancing our brand and image through various communication channels.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive PR and communications strategy to enhance our brand's visibility and reputation in the fintech industry.
- Manage and work hands-on with the PR agency; manage media relations, write press releases, pitch stories to journalists, organize interviews, speaking opportunities and industry events.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media, influencers, and other takeholders in the fintech industry.
- Collaborate with internal teams: marketing, business, and product teams to ensure consistency in messaging across all platforms and maintain open communication with senior management.
- Organize and oversee events such as networking and industry events.
- Create and manage content for the company’s social media channel, and internal communication channels.
- ·Monitor, analyze and report on media coverage and industry trends, and leverage insights to improve PR efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role managing PR/Communications, preferably in the fintech or financial services industry.
- Experience in PR/Communications in the India market is an advantage.
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful PR campaigns and media relations strategies.
- Familiarity with PR and communication measurement tools.
- Knowledge of social media (LinkedIn specifically) marketing strategies.
- A creative mind with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong media relations and networking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.