Senior Director - Finance
Finance – Finance /
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
Your Next Exciting Role
Nium is looking for a Senior Director - Finance to lead and manage the Finance team in London. Reporting to our SVP Finance, the Senior Director - Finance will play a critical role by taking end-to-end ownership of Finance for the European region, supporting global teams with financial reporting, compliance and commercial aspects.
The position is responsible for the development of financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to grow company assets and report accurate financial results.
What would a day @ Nium look like?
- Lead and manage the different Europe Finance functions
- Play a key role in partnering Finance with business operations to drive operational and strategic initiatives
- Driving continuous improvement and standardisation of processes, including implementation of best practices and automation initiatives, collaborating with external teams
- Ensure and maintain a strong internal control environment and improve internal controls where necessary to ensure a scalable infrastructure is in place to allow to company to operate and grow effectively while managing risks
- Planning and executing financial statement and other audits for the business’ legal entities in a timely basis, and building relationships with external parties (auditors, tax agents and other third parties)
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting and analysis, including budgeting, forecasting and commentary
- Support the decision-making process by analysis and reporting around key business drivers, including revenue, cash, gross margin and expenses
- Support key business projects as required
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- 15 years experience in a Finance leadership role
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with post qualified experience
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience in audit and in-house Finance, working in a large scale and complex organisation beneficial
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience and understanding of financial reporting, including General ledger, Trial
- Balance, Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Financial Statements., including working knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS and FRS102)
- Knowledge of relevant accounting, tax, compliance, legal and regulatory requirements, and corporate governance best practice
- Payments and Fintech experience is a plus
- Ability to deliver financial and non-financial information and reports to key partners and stakeholders
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects forward
- Ability to collaborate and engage with a variety of partners and stakeholders
- Confident stakeholder management and experience of working with board/C-Suite stakeholders
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.