VP - Business Development (North America)
San Francisco /
Business Development – Business Development /
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Nium: A global leader in modern money movement
At Nium, we are changing the world one transaction at a time. By eliminating the complexity in global payments, we are moving the world closer to a future of frictionless commerce. It’s our modular platform that helps businesses pay and get paid across the globe with services for pay-outs, pay-ins, card issuance, crypto-as-a-service, and banking-as-a-service.
Once connected to our platform, businesses can pay out in more than 100 currencies to over 190 countries - 85 of which in real time. Funds can be received in 27 markets, including Southeast Asia, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, India, and the US. Our growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries, including Europe (SEPA), the UK, Australia and Singapore. And our license portfolio covers 11 of the world’s jurisdictions, enabling seamless global payments and rapid integration, regardless of geography.
And now we’re building a world-class team to help us bring our mission of powering a future of frictionless commerce to life. If you’re a risk taker, a maverick who embraces our values of simply, better, together. If you see the world as it should be, not what it is. If you’re a problem solver and a builder, then be a part of our element of success, and come join us today.
Where do you come into the picture?
Your primary responsibilities will be to acquire new clients in North America (Mexico, USA, Canada) and generate incremental revenues for the company. You will be spending a good amount of your energy understanding new clients, acquiring new clients, regularly analyzing the key clients’ business, operations and performance, and work with the management team and peers in other functional areas to leverage best practices and provide consistent high competent sales skills.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
- Embrace an entrepreneurial mindset and the highest degree effectiveness while engaging in sales management, relationship management and account management across the various domains the have our presence such as banking, financial services, credit card processing, e-commerce, or payments.
- Identify, secure, and manage relationships with clients across the region, effectively negotiating and persuading potential clients the value that Nium can add to their business.
- Have a constant drive to go beyond past performance and visibly demonstrate track record beating performance when it comes achieving financial targets via cross-selling and upselling, and ability to generate sales leads, effectively negotiate, and close transactions.
- Work into and effectively navigate the respective financial and fintech regulatory environment.
- Generate revenue from clients, and achieve pre-agreed targets on customer flows, revenues and profitability.
- Calm and conscientiously manage high pressure situations across a range of clients with differing business needs and operating environment across the region.
- Demonstrate business development and consultative selling skills with results-orientation to meet/exceed assigned financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- Pro-actively scout for opportunities in the marketplace through direct contact as well as partners. The job will involve building relationships with key players in banks, financial firms, marketplaces, ecommerce providers and others to generate qualified opportunities, mapping the account, influencing key decision makers, convincing the client about value proposition and closing the deal.
Where do you come into the picture?
- You are prepared to educate yourself on the solution, the opportunity, the challenges and present transparently in a consultative professional style.
- You are an analytical and strategic negotiator with a goal getting attitude
- You create trust through knowledge, authenticity, reliability and a good sense of humor
- 5-10 years of technology firm experience, within the financial services domain in business development, sales, strategy or account management experience across US, Mexico or Canada, preferably in payments, remittances and/or prepaid/debit cards
- Consistently meets and exceeds both individual and team sales goals
- Deep network of contacts in the region and an understanding of financial, ecommerce, banking, payments and financial services industries
- Proven experience in having built a pipeline in the region and delivering on ambitious volume and revenue targets, growing year on year
- A track record of project leadership experience and partnering with a mix of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in leading all aspects of the business development lifecycle for multiple accounts
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401K plan with an employer match
- Generous paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverage
- Employee referral bonus program
- Work for a company whose values focus on career advancement, mentoring and transparency
- Generous PTO in addition to paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- Company-wide social events, happy hours, and so much more
- Our beautiful HQ office is based in the heart of SOMA in San Francisco, along with a thriving fast placed office in Miami
$160,000 - $205,000 a year
Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including skills, qualifications, experience, and geographic location. Certain roles may offer additional incentives including but not limited to equity and bonus. Your recruiter is happy to share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors at any stage of the hiring process!
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com