Compliance Manager - Partner Due Diligence
Compliance – Compliance Operations /
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
At Nium, we are changing the world one transaction at a time. By eliminating the complexity in global payments, we are moving the world closer to a future of frictionless commerce. It’s our modular platform that helps businesses pay and get paid across the globe with services for pay-outs, pay-ins, card issuance, crypto-as-a-service, and banking-as-a-service.
Once connected to our platform, businesses can pay out in more than 100 currencies to over 190 countries - 85 of which in real time. Funds can be received in 27 markets, including Southeast Asia, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, India, and the US. Our growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries, including Europe (SEPA), the UK, Australia and Singapore. And our license portfolio covers 11 of the world’s jurisdictions, enabling seamless global payments and rapid integration, regardless of geography.
And now we’re building a world-class team to help us bring our mission of powering a future of frictionless commerce to life. If you’re a risk taker, a maverick who embraces our values of simply, better, together. If you see the world as it should be, not what it is. If you’re a problem solver and a builder, then be a part of our element of success, and come join us today.
What will a day in the life @ Nium look like?
- Develop partnerships with the Compliance area of the Banking Partner’s Compliance Team to effectively manage reviews undertaken by the Partner on the various Nium entities.
- Serve as the key point of contact for meetings with banking partners and clients on Nium entities due diligence requests.
- Lead and Respond to all Due Diligence requests from Nium’s banking/FI partners and Institutional clients performing independent reviews on Nium’s compliance controls.
- Improve and streamline the Nium Due Diligence processes across the organization, becoming the global point of contact for all of Nium’s Due diligence reviews.
- Create and oversee the (Know Your Vendor) due diligence process, liaising with various teams to perform or respond to Vendor /Partner Due diligence requests (not limited to financials, money laundering, connected party, sustainability etc.)
- Maintain a log of Vendors/Partners and lead the ongoing monitoring of Nium’s partners.
- Independently lead due diligence activities on third parties including reviewing due diligence assessments, identifying red flags, proposing mitigation measures, and drafting of related reports.
- Collect and assess due diligence material including questionnaires, online research, and external reports.
- Track and maintain an inventory of requested information for each Nium entity and ensure that key data and reports are refreshed periodically to ensure these are maintained current.
- Host periodic catch ups with each regional compliance head ensure relevant information on each region’s compliance framework is maintained up to date.
- Understand Nium’s key controls by staying abreast of new products and services introduced in each region, and on recent audits and regulatory exam findings in each region.
- Manage internal stakeholders (e.g. management, compliance network) and external stakeholders (e.g. third parties under review) in relation to compliance demands. Lead and manage external providers (external counsel and due diligence providers) as appropriate.
- Perform compliance risk assessments and ongoing monitoring and contribute to the development of risk mitigation strategies and to strengthening internal control systems.
- Conduct training on Third-Party management processes and third-party risks.
- Support internal audits globally by Nium’s regulators or banking partners.
- Serve as a backup to Institutional Client and Partners ongoing due diligence reviews.
- Create metrics and monthly reporting of the organization-wide due diligence reviews performed and responded to on Nium entities.
- Ensure proper documentation of risk assessments and related risk-mitigation plans and implementation.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the global and local business activities, applicable laws, and regulations.
- Provide regular updates to the leadership team, the compliance organization, and others, as needed, regarding third-party issues
- Serve as a backup to Institutional Client ongoing due diligence reviews.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferred
- Multi-lingual in Spanish strongly preferred, Portuguese and French also desirable
- At least 5 years of experience working in a risk and compliance role. Matured leader, independent, hardworking, eager to learn
- Some years of working experience in compliance, legal or other relevant fields (finance, audit) or at a recognized international third-party service provider are advantageous.
- Experience within payments / FinTech industry
- Expert Knowledge in the Global Regulatory environment and AML/Compliance requirements.
- Ability to lead end-to-end process implementation of control frameworks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Possess strong attention to detail, analytical mindset with high-risk awareness
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401K plan with an employer match
- Generous paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverage
- Employee referral bonus program
- Work for a company whose values focus on career advancement, mentoring and transparency
- Generous PTO in addition to paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- Company-wide social events, happy hours, and so much more.
- Our beautiful HQ office is based in the heart of SOMA in San Francisco, along with a thriving office in Miami
$75,000 - $110,000 a year
Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including skills, qualifications, experience, and geographic location. Certain roles may offer additional incentives including but not limited to equity and bonus. Your recruiter is happy to share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors at any stage of the hiring process!
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com