Senior Business Development Manager - Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)
Business Development – Business Development /
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Where do you come into the picture?
Joining the Australia Consumer and SME team, your primary responsibility will be to acquire new SME clients in Australia for the Instarem.com platform. Along with delivering new clients, you will generate incremental revenues from existing clients by understanding their needs and introducing new products from our portfolio. You will also be required to manage and expand number of partnership programs that will deliver new business relationships to the company.
You will be spending a good amount of your energy understanding new clients, acquiring new clients, regularly analyzing the key clients’ business, operations, and performance, and work with the management team and peers in other functional areas to leverage best practices and provide consistent high competent sales skills.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and the highest degree of effectiveness while engaging in sales management, relationship management, and account management across the various domains the have our presence such as banking, financial services, credit card processing, e-commerce, or payments.
- Identify, secure, and manage relationships with clients across Australia, effectively negotiating and persuading potential clients the value that Instarem can add to their business.
- Have a constant drive to go beyond past performance and visibly demonstrate track record-beating performance when it comes to achieving financial targets via cross-selling and upselling, and ability to generate sales leads, effectively negotiate, and close transactions.
- Work into and effectively navigate the respective financial and fintech regulatory environment
- Generate revenue from clients, and achieve pre-agreed targets on customer flows, revenues and profitability.
- Calm and conscientiously manage high-pressure situations across a range of clients with different business needs and operating environments across the region.
- Demonstrate business development and consultative selling skills with results-orientation to meet/exceed assigned financial and customer satisfaction goals
- Proactively scout for opportunities in the marketplace through direct contact as well as partners. The job will involve building relationships with key players in SME’s, financial firms, marketplaces, eCommerce providers and others to generate qualified opportunities, mapping the account, influencing key decision-makers, convincing the client about the value proposition, and closing the deal.
- An entrepreneurial, ‘can-do’ mindset combined with 5+ years of direct hands-on experience selling payments to SME’s in Australia
- Having business development, sales, and origination experience across multiple geographies, ideally in cross border payments will be a plus
- Robust network of contacts and strong understanding of financial, eCommerce, banking, payments, and financial services industries
- Ability to manage and optimize 3rd party partnerships that can deliver new business opportunities
- Revenue target achievement occurs as a logical outcome of how you approach creating value for customers and not the other way around
- Commercially focused and pragmatic, have the ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions
- Result-oriented, client-focused, and obsessed with simultaneously delivering value and delight
- Data-driven, analytical, and fully understand the diverse ways in which our ecosystem of products can be further adopted by our customers
- Ability to deep dive into customers' use case and approach solutions with complete empathy, effectively playing the role of problem-solver for the customer
- Self-motivated, adept in working solo as well as in global teams. Ability to work in a “hands-on” environment
- Exceptional relationship management, negotiation skills & most importantly, the ability to close deals
- Experience selling products to SME clients (payments and foreign exchange background preferred)
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com