Research Associate, Protein Screening
South San Francisco /
Nobell Foods is creating cheese and other dairy products from plant-derived dairy proteins for the 99% of people who are unwilling to compromise on taste and price. Nobell is made up of a team of passionate scientists, explorers, and storytellers on a mission to radically change the way we make food, so it’s better for you, the animals and the planet. We are backed by Bill Gates’ climate fund Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and Robert Downey Jr. If you believe in our mission and are excited about our work, we would love to hear from you!
You will play a key role in supporting our protein screening team by preparing samples, performing routine experiments, and developing relevant documentation.
- Enable faster data generation by supporting our protein screening team’s efforts
- Provide high-quality, accurate and dependable results Improve the quality and consistency of routine biochemical analysis and sample preparation
- Contribute towards generating key data that will drive our R&D strategy
- Work within a team to make reagents, buffers, stock solutions, clean glassware, and maintain inventories.
- Extract proteins from plants and other types of samples and perform protein quantitation assays (Bradford, Pierce 660, UV 280nm)
- Perform protein gel electrophoresis and Immunoblotting (SDS-PAGE, IEF-PAGE, Native-PAGE, western blot, dot blot).
- Perform ELISA and other high-throughput analysis assays
- Support the development of protein identification assays
- Anticipate experimental needs and understand an individual experiment in the context of the entire company’s goals
- Provide a scientific and a practical experimental perspective to assay development
- Analyse and organise data in a useful manner to communicate with various stakeholders
- Document results in daily written reports and in the company database
Education and Experience Requirements
- 2+ years relevant experience in an academic or industry research lab as a full-time research assistant, research associate, or a similar role.
- Bachelors in life sciences or similar discipline (biology, biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, etc.).
- Fundamental and applied knowledge of Biochemistry techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Google Suite services or other data manipulation software
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Resourceful, eager to learn, and team-oriented, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner
- Local candidates preferred
Nobell Foods offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401K and commuter benefits.
Nobell Foods is committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace. Where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation.