Research Assistant - Genetic Screening
South San Francisco /
Molecular Biology /
Nobell Foods is creating cheese and other dairy products from plant-derived dairy proteins for the 99% of people who are unwilling to compromise on taste and price. Nobell is made up of a team of passionate scientists, explorers, and storytellers on a mission to radically change the way we make food, so it’s better for you, the animals and the planet. We are backed by Bill Gates’ climate fund Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and Robert Downey Jr. If you believe in our mission and are excited about our work, we would love to hear from you!
You will play a key role in supporting our genetic screening team by preparing samples, performing routine experiments, and developing relevant documentation.
- Plasmid DNA purification, DNA gel electrophoresis, and other related activities
- DNA/RNA isolation preferably from plant tissuesPCR/qPCR/ddPCR assay design and validation
- Making liquid media, agar plates, gels, stock solutions (by following simple dilutions), and antibiotic stocks
- Perform repetitive molecular biology tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records of lab work
- Perform basic data entry
- General maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies
- Accurately follow established protocols
- Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology, Plant Genetics, Biochemistry, or a related field
- Relevant experience working in a research lab setting
- Fundamental and applied knowledge of molecular biology techniques
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, eager to learn, results-driven, and team-oriented, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner
- Prior experience working with multiple cloning techniques (Gibson, In-Fusion, traditional, et cetera), Sanger sequencing, qPCR and/or ddPCR is a plus
This position will not provide visa sponsorship.
Required to be onsite in our So San Francisco Office.
Nobell Foods offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401K and commuter benefits.
Nobell Foods is committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace. Where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation.