San Francisco Bay Area /
Who we are:
Hi! We are Nobell Foods, a team of passionate scientists, explorers and storytellers on a mission to radically change the way we make food, so it’s better for you, the animals and the planet.
We loveeeeeeeeee cheese. So much so, that our ingenious founder figured out a way to grow, in plants, the same identical protein found in stretchy, gooey, oozy, delicious, succulent, indulgent, and every other word we could think of to describe the cheese that comes from animals. We are thrilled to say that the best cheese on earth can come from plants and damnit we are going to prove it to every cheese loving glutton out there. So…thanks for taking a look at this job description. Hopefully it gets you as excited as we are to change the way the world eats, because this is just the beginning.
The People Manager is both a strategic and execution role responsible for working with all functions to understand current and future priorities and then building and executing tools and processes to ensure that Nobell Foods has the necessary skills, structures and processes to achieve our goals. In this capacity, the People Manager will need deep expertise in multiple of the following areas: talent management, recruitment, inclusion and diversity, career development tools, employee relations, and organizational design.
In addition, this position will be responsible for all day-to-day human resources needs (i.e. employee relations, manager coaching, implementing new policies, employee onboarding, etc.).
- Partner with CPO to create and execute a talent management strategy across the company (including but not limited to career development, learning and professional development, and compensation planning) to meet both career goals of the team and the organization's goals
- Partner with hiring managers to procure and onboard talent, ensuring talent search, interviewing and onboarding create a best-in-class experience for candidates and new hires.
- Work alongside leadership to create a supportive an inclusive environment where employees feel both challenged and appreciated
- Implement proactive employee relations strategies that preserve a trusting, and engaging environment
- Ensure the organization develops and maintains the culture, values and design it needs to reach its objectives while managing structural change
- Ensure that employment programs embody Nobell’s mission and values, while also complying with all legal requirements.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the People team to recommend, develop, and implement solutions, programs, and policies.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, performance improvement).
- Develop, adjust, and ensure HR business processes are simplified and streamlined; ensures compliance and understanding for all employees and managers.
- Develop and coordinate employment terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Support annual employee programs such as but not limited to strategic offsite, performance management, goal setting, career development planning, etc.
- 6 or more years of human resources business partner experience, preferably within life sciences, bio-tech, food science, and/or consumer packaged goods
- Experience leading teams in fast growth environments
- Outstanding influencing skills across organizational levels, functions, cultures, and geographies
- Strong communication and project management skills, ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity and influence decisions
- Extensive technical expertise across multiple human resources disciplines (i.e. recruitment, coaching, employee relations, talent development, succession planning, performance management, etc.)
- Proven capability to leverage resources to design tools and processes required to deliver human resources strategies while maintaining accountability for execution
- Strong operational excellence skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence in a manner that drive results at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Nobell Foods offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401K and commuter benefits.
Nobell Foods is committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace. Where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation.