Scientist, Protein Characterization
South San Francisco /
Nobell Foods is creating cheese and other dairy products from plant-derived dairy proteins for the 99% of people who are unwilling to compromise on taste and price. Nobell is made up of a team of passionate scientists, explorers, and storytellers on a mission to radically change the way we make food, so it’s better for you, the animals and the planet. We are backed by Bill Gates’ climate fund Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and Robert Downey Jr. If you believe in our mission and are excited about our work, we would love to hear from you!
You will play a key role in the protein biochemistry team by developing methods for in-depth protein characterization
- Develop assays, and approaches for protein identification and characterization
- Provide a scientific and a practical experimental perspective to assay development
- Develop mass spectrometry based methods to perform in-depth protein characterization including but not limited to protein quantification and post translational modification.
- Develop protocols/SOPs and implement quality control measures
- Work closely with the front-end science team on understanding the molecular and screening pipeline and by providing feedback information on protein data
- Anticipate experimental needs and understand an individual experiment in the context of the entire company’s goals
Required Skills & Experience
- PhD in Biochemistry, Protein Engineer or related field with +2 years of relevant experience (industry preferred, post-doc accepted).
- Expertise with in-depth protein characterization methods such as chromatography, FPLC, electrophoresis, mass-spectrometry, isotopic labelling and other physio-chemical methods of structure-function relationship of various types of proteins
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art technologies, platforms, and scientific methodologies as applied to protein characterization
- Skilled in ELISA and Western Blot type assays
- The ability to present clear, concise data analysis to a multidisciplinary audience
- An exceptional track record of scientific contributions and accomplishments
- Impeccable communication skill, and ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Resourceful, and team-oriented, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to execute and deliver on key metrics
Desired start date: Immediate
Nobell Foods offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401K and commuter benefits.
Nobell Foods is committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace. Where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation.