Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nobul is the technology company disrupting the real estate industry. We are well into development of AI, blockchain and other proprietary technology to reshape the real estate industry across North America.
Our company’s culture is defined by innovation, trust, teamwork, loyalty and a ‘go-getter’ attitude. The tie that binds us is the inner desire to continue to build and successfully execute our ground-breaking business.
We think big.
We are massively disruptive.
Does the thought of working in a rapidly growing company excite you? If you are passionate about your career and are eager to be a key contributor to the company’s success, then Nobul is for you. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Do you love owning, organizing and understanding mountains of data? Does finding new sources of information, understanding it, and finding ways to combine them with what we already have and making the world a cleaner, more organized place excite you?
We are looking for a Data Engineer to assess a broad range of data sources, platforms & tools, pick and choose the best ones and figure out how to add them to the vast data repository we are building. We expect your solutions and recommendations to be grounded in research and analysis, and also balance our objectives of quality and expediency with the ultimate goal to always do better in the long run. The right candidate for this role will possess strong communication skills, will be able to work on several projects simultaneously and therefore juggle competing priorities and requests.
A successful Data Engineer will also be expected to apply a data-oriented mindset and frameworks to help us build a revenue generating, intelligent real estate prediction platform. The platform will ingest a combination of proprietary and 3rd-party market data that will power a prediction model we intend to validate through iterative testing and continuous improvement.
- Identify, research, integrate and maintain large scale data processing pipelines
- Leverage their problem-solving / analytic skills, frameworks, knowledge and thinking to develop solutions to short-term (day-to-day) and long-term (infrastructure) data-oriented problems crucial to the success of our Platform and the Predictive Analytics team
- Work closely with our DBA/Data Scientists to collect, store, and analyze large sets of data as well as implement, maintain and monitor ingestion into the broader nobul data architecture
- Develop and support the analytic dashboards / reports necessary to ensure that the business value delivered is well-understood and recognized
- Ensure high quality of deliverables, security and integrity of all data
- Synthesize and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Science with a strong preference given to Computer Engineers, Software Engineers and Computer Scientists
- 3 or more years of relevant post-collegiate job experience, preferably gathering, cleansing, merging, transforming, automating and analyzing large volumes of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data used in real-world solutions
- Able to integrate multiple large data sources and databases (RDBMS, NoSQL, NewSQL)
- Experience with building stream-processing systems
- Basic understanding of descriptive statistics and inferential statistics
- Familiarity with programming in Python or R, data analysis platforms such as Tableau
- High motivation, good work ethic, maturity, adaptability and emotional intelligence
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, with a quality-focused mindset
- A customer-centric / client service orientation
- Fun. Really fun. We mean it!
Preferred Qualifications / Nice-to-Have / Ideal Candidates:
- Experience with customer-centric approaches and businesses, particularly in the Technology, SaaS, Real Estate or Fintech, in an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform including Dataprep, BigQuery, etc.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Dask, SparkML, or H2O
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning algorithms like Random Forest, Boosting, ARIMA, ETS, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Python, Jupyter Notebook, MongoDB, Postgres, Spark, TensorFlow
Nobul Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nobul welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection proces