Senior Account Executive
The Senior Account Executive is a quota carrying sales position. As an early member of the team, you'll build a sales pipeline, manage customer relationships, help refine the sales process, manage the sales cycle, negotiate pricing and close deals to achieve annual targets. Your experience identifying problems and suggesting solutions, as well as building relationships and locating key sales and marketing decision makers within prospective accounts will be crucial to your success.
- Research and understand the business direction, goals, and stakeholders of your accounts
- Add value to the customer long-term by becoming a subject matter expert in vertical to be a trusted advisor who understands business value - industry knowledge, competitive landscape, core business model for that vertical
- Create an executive network within accounts in your territory
- Meet with customers in person when needed (travel up to 25%)
- Ramp quickly to understand the technical aspects of our product quickly
- Negotiate a large variety of sophisticated contracts with senior-level sales and marketing buyers at mid-market companies
- Support training and ongoing peer coaching/performance improvement across the team
- Team-oriented approach to sales required
- Minimum 4-5 years of proven experience selling mid-market or enterprise software solutions required
- Minimum 2 years startup experience (companies <100 employees) required
- Experience selling SaaS solutions and/or marketing/sales technology required
- Willingness to prospect as needed to maintain pipeline and track towards quota attainment reuqired
- Coachable and willing to learn new skills/get hands dirty required
- SF Bay Area resident or able to work M-F from Node SF Office (4th and Townsend) required
- Background of managing complex deal cycles (detailed close plans, separate business and technical evaluation tracks, manage detailed contract negotiations) preferred
- Technical background a nice-to-have
At Node, we believe the future of the web is not search; it’s proactive, personalized recommendations. Node is a roadmap to business success and recommends which accounts to break into, which contacts at those accounts to engage, and provides personalized plans with guidance on how to close.
We’re a team of ex-Googlers backed by NEA, Mark Cuban, Avalon Ventures, and Canaan Partners building a platform that aims to transform how business is done and drive the future of the contextual web.
We offer competitive salaries and full benefits, including health, dental, vacation and stock options. We are located in SF and walking distance from public transit (Bart, Caltrain, Muni, etc.). You will be joining a brilliant group of experienced folks who are passionate about powering the future of the personalized web.