Senior Frontend Engineer
Helsinki, Uusimaa /
Please note we do not accept unsolicited submissions of resumes/CVs from agencies or headhunters and will not pay fees to any agency or company that does not have a signed agreement and ongoing collaboration with Noice.
Noice is an early-stage stealth startup working on an innovative service for gamers. We’ve raised several million euros in funding from games industry leaders, validated our offering with our end-users and are now building our platform towards launch.
Noice is founded by the core team that built Applifier, exited it to Unity Technologies in 2014 and scaled the business to €100 millions in gross revenue in under 5 years. Our cross-functional team has deep games and software industry experience ranging from building and operating Unity Ads video ad network at a scale of over a billion end devices per month, to Everyplay mobile video sharing service reaching tens of millions of end-users and mobile games with tens of millions of downloads.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer with strong experience in developing feature-rich, highly polished and "juicy" user interfaces for consumer services and/or games on desktop and on mobile. We are looking for someone who will help us cover more things than we currently can in the team.
You could for instance be excited and knowledgeable of performance management or state management or UX side of the work or mobile app development experience (specifically with React native) or have experience with Three.js. We don’t want to pigeonhole people to work on just one single project until the end of time but to be able to contribute to plenty of different things (but not too many at the same time).
This opportunity to join a highly experienced and motivated team to build a groundbreaking new consumer service comes with a competitive salary and ownership in a high-potential startup.
We are a distributed company with most of our team based in Finland and are open to local or remote candidates, who are based a maximum of two time zones away from Helsinki time (CET+1).
What you'll be doing
- Create engaging and juicy user interfaces for desktop and mobile clients as a key member of our experienced frontend engineering team
- Collaborate with UX and game designers to translate designs productively to well-architected and easy-to-maintain user interface implementations
- Work closely with backend engineers to define APIs and protocols and to build on backend services built for large scale
What we are looking for
- You have strong hands-on experience in developing feature-rich, engaging and polished user interfaces
- You have strong expertise in developing for web and/or mobile clients
- You are highly proficient in React, Typescript and GraphQL
- You are well versed with unit testing and other quality practices
- You are a creative software developer who enjoys taking on new challenges to learn
- You know how to effectively get things done in an agile small team building new software services
- You are able to clearly and proactively communicate your ideas and solutions and talk about them with the team in English
We appreciate also
- Experience in working with 3D user interfaces
- Experience or insights into the gaming industry, especially free-to-play games (Note: you don’t need any previous industry experience)
- Experience in building new software products from scratch
- Experience in working with modern cloud infrastructure and tooling (GCP, Docker, Kubernetes etc)
- Experience in distributed application development, microservices or event-based communication
A definite plus if you have
- Experience with Three.js
- Experience with native mobile application development
- Performance management experience
- State management experience
- UX design experience
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
First and foremost, at Noice you get to design and build a cutting-edge platform that merges highly engaging game and metagame systems together with a fresh take on social and user-generated content. You will be developing a new platform from scratch using the latest technologies and working with a motivated, proactive and experienced team that has already built large software services, social platforms and an extremely high global scale.
You will join Noice for much more than just working in a specified role. You will join early on in our mission and will participate and contribute to designing Noice, helping us improve how we work and taking ownership. We want to learn from you and share our learnings with you.