Helsinki, Uusimaa /
Noice is an early-stage stealth startup working on an innovative service for gamers. We’ve raised several million euros in funding from games industry leaders, validated our offering with our end users and are now building our platform towards launch.
Noice was founded by the core team that built Applifier, exited it to Unity Technologies in 2014 and scaled the business to hundreds of millions in gross revenue in under five years. Our cross-functional team has deep games and software industry experience ranging from building and operating Unity Ads video ad network at a scale of over a billion end devices per month, Everyplay mobile video sharing service reaching tens of millions of end users and mobile games with tens of millions of downloads.
We are looking for a Character Animator with skills primarily geared towards creating detailed and relatable animations for stylized characters. If you are good at communicating emotion with body mechanics and expressions, get in touch!
This opportunity to join a highly experienced and motivated team to build groundbreaking new consumer service comes with a competitive salary and ownership in a high-potential startup.
We are a distributed company with most of our team based in Helsinki, Finland. This position is open to local or remote candidates based a maximum of two time zones away from Helsinki time (CET+1).
What you'll be doing
- Work with leads to produce high-quality animations for real-time characters
- Turn desired emotional states into easily readable poses and movement
- Create animations both from briefs and on your own
What we’re are looking for
- High level of skill with animating characters and excellent grasp of body mechanics
- Skilled at creating enjoyable camera drives and framing a shot
- Proven ability to deliver animations based on a provided brief
- Communication skills to allow for fast iteration of ideas based on feedback
- You are a lifelong rapid learner with a strong drive to develop exceptional games
- You can communicate your ideas and solutions and talk about them with the team in English
We appreciate also
- Showcase of neat personal projects
- Great at creating facial animations
- You are passionate about games and play a wide variety of genres
- Experience with adjacent functions such as rigging and motion capture.
What's in it for you?
First and foremost, at Noice you get to design and build a cutting-edge platform that merges highly engaging game and metagame systems with a fresh take on social and user-generated content. You will be developing a new platform from scratch using the latest technologies and working with a motivated, proactive and experienced team that has already built large software services, social platforms and an extremely high global scale.
You will join Noice for much more than just working in a specified role. You will join early on in our mission and contribute to designing Noice, helping us improve how we work and taking ownership. We want to learn from you and share our learnings with you.