Dallas, TX or Remote /
WHAT WE DO
NoiseAware is a well-capitalized, high-growth IoT startup in Dallas that provides the world’s first privacy-safe noise monitoring service for Airbnb and vacation rental managers. We are a hardworking, talented, and fun group of highly driven individuals solving the largest livability issue in many cities across the world.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
NoiseAware is hiring a Data Engineer to contribute to the growth and success of our company by designing the systems and processes to ensure data consistency across the business. They will also enable processing time-series data at scale to drive insights for our customers. We are looking for someone who, like us, is customer obsessed, transparent and candid, committed and conscientious, and people centric!
The Data Engineer will collaborate closely with our Engineering team and will report directly to the VP of Engineering. This person will have an exciting opportunity to join our team at an early stage and to build the mold, iterating and improving as we grow, for this essential part of our business. An exceptionally high achiever can look forward to a fun and desirable career trajectory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (Required)
- 3-5 years experience working on a data science or DBA team focused on time-series data
- Advanced SQL skills
- Ability to maintain and tune databases for optimal performance
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience designing schemas for storing large amounts of time-series data
- Experience with queueing/streaming services for data ingestion
- Experience cleansing inconsistent data from production systems
- Experience working in a highly collaborative 100% remote environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (Negotiable)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Experience in an IoT driven data environment
- Experience with TimeScaleDB extensions to Postgres
- Experience working with data in a multinational environment
- Experience collaborating with other departments to drive data consistency across the business
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience working with a data scientist to maintain models in a production environment
- Experience growing a consumer SaaS company, preferably in a startup environment
- Knowledge of short-term rental, vacation rental, multi-family residential and/or hotel industry
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design and maintain existing database systems
- Ensure consistency of data across all systems: Salesforce, databases, Stripe, etc
- Architect efficient schemas for storage and processing of time-series data
- Maintain data processing pipelines to enable application functionality
- Assist with processes to clean and label data for use in data science projects
- Exemplify our firm’s values in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders
HOW YOU WORK
- You are a team player that’s open to input to ideas & feedback
- You get excited about using data to make informed decisions.
- You are scrappy and self-directed, a roll-up-your-sleeves type who takes initiative and you thrive while working autonomously.
- You are a dynamic systems thinker, able to effectively prioritize where to focus and how to build and scale the business while navigating the challenges of an early-stage company.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and are thrilled by the adventure of building an innovative business.
WHERE YOU WORK
NoiseAware is based in Dallas, Texas but we are most interested in finding the best match for this opportunity so we are open to candidates throughout the country.
WHAT YOU GET
NoiseAware provides competitive cash compensation, comprehensive benefits, cool perks and super smart, highly motivated colleagues. You get to work on innovative, leading edge products that serve a true purpose in an industry that’s ripe for change, and enjoy a strong culture that values diversity and promotes our core values.
We think big, work fast, break things, learn lessons, and then implement meaningful improvements to our business and products. NoiseAware is looking for talented and hardworking people to join our growing team and help us build innovative home monitoring solutions for the property management industry.
NoiseAware exists to give property managers freedom. We protect properties, deliver operational insights, and build trust.
Putting our customers at the forefront of everything we doWorking to solve customer issues even when it requires unscalable effortsCreating innovative solutions and building our own market owning brand
Transparent & Candid
We practice radical candor, and own wins and losses equallyWe act to ensure no surprises internally or externally, flagging risks and sharing earlyWe document and share decision, actions, status and agendas to make remote easier
Committed & Conscientious
We are always proactive, and take initiative to solve problems togetherWe follow through, follow up, and present a replan when we need toWe are bold and relentless in winning deals, customers and markets
We look after our team, customers and partners, celebrate their wins, and their learning achievements. We are supportive of everyone doing their bestWe provide thoughtful and supportive reactions when things don’t go to plan
We value diversity and commit to making hiring decisions based upon the character traits and capabilities that correlate to being successful in this job. We welcome your application!
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.