Jr. Product Designer
New York, NY
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Forbes recognized Nomad in their inaugural “Best Startup Employers” of 2020. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series C startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
As Jr. Product Designer you will have an amazing opportunity to learn from an experienced product team, working closely with product designers, product management and engineering to bring to life our brand and value proposition through design. You will be part of the product process that includes, research, experimentation, ideation, design iteration, and final mock-ups. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with product designers to develop a visual language that communicates the Nomad brand and user experience.
- Producing high-quality visual designs—from concept to implementation, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices.
- Designing visual elements and product graphics.
- Maintaining the company Design libraries, (sketch files).
- Creating UI elements and components that will be used across the nomad product.
- Working closely with front-end developers for code hand off and to ensure proper visual end-product.
- Having a strong influence on the look and feel of the nomad brand.
- Staying current with UI trends, usability standards and efficiencies.
Who Are You?
- 1-3 years of experience
- Design professional with experience using, creating and maintaining design libraries.
- Extensive experience with visual design, principles of user interface (UI) design, layouts, graphics development, typography, color and visual theories.
- Strong understanding of design systems and experience working with, and creating one, ideally Material Design.
- Interest in product design.
- Great eye for design, color, typography, layout and overall look and feel of digital products.
- Interested in creating moments of fun and delight to make our users smile.
- Must-have proficient knowledge of: Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Invision.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Abstract, Figma, Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Experience working in a startup, particularly marketplaces, e-commerce, or recruiting technologies.
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.