New York, NY
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series C startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
As a key early member of the team, you will influence the long-term evolution of web technology for the country’s first tech-driven healthcare staffing platform!
● Work closely with a small, dynamic team to build web services, APIs, and integrations to enhance the platform and make Nomad faster
● Write clean, extensible code, and improve the architecture, frameworks, and toolkits used to build and maintain a stable and nimble technology stack
● Act as a mentor and leader on the team by supporting code review, pair programming, and technical unblocking of other engineers
● Project management
● Generate technical design documentation, or work with members of the team to generate technical design documentation
● Work with Product Managers on future technical initiatives
Technologies we use:
● Flask on Python 3 backed by MongoDB, Redis
● React/Redux, Sass, Yarn, Webpack, Jest
● Git/GitHub, CircleCI, Heroku, AWS, GCP
● Our team works with macOS on MacBook Pros
Who Are You?
● Full-stack web development experience in Python (or Ruby, or PHP)
● Experience writing and consuming APIs
● Proficiency in MongoDB and Redis, or similar data stores
● Strong understanding of development best practices
● Experience integrating payment systems, email providers, and other mission-critical third-party vendors is a plus
● A strong drive to build great technology and scale it, a willingness to experiment and take risks, and a desire to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
● Strong communication skills
● Demonstrates strong leadership and decision making skills
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.