Senior Product Designer
New York, NY
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series C startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
As a Sr. Product Designer, you will have a significant impact on our business through design ownership of Nomad’s products. You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, stakeholders, and other designers to advocate for user-centered design. Our approach is data-informed and based on design thinking methodologies. You’re obsessive about small details, and want to play a big role in taking Nomad to the next level in an innovative and user-centric manner. Reporting directly to the VP Product, this position will work out of our New York office.
• Work with product managers to research, define and prioritize features needed to create great user experiences.
• Conduct usability tests to identify issues and make recommendations to improve the Nomad product.
• Understand detailed user workflows, journeys and information architecture.
Synthesize high-level product requirements into usable and delightful prototypes and design solutions.
• Create detailed wireframes and designs for web and mobile applications and work closely with the scrum team on implementation.
• Collaborate with product management and engineering to ensure that the product aligns with your design vision and contributes to objectives and key results.
• Work collaboratively to test and support your designs through concept testing, experiments and A/B testing.
• Own the end-to-end design process and be the champion of user-centric design throughout the company.
• Nourish a collaborative environment by seeking feedback, encouraging the sharing of ideas, and openness to learning and iteration.
Who are you?
• BA/BS degree or similar level college education in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design, or a related field
• 5+ years of experience in interaction design, user experience design, and/or graphic design.
• Demonstrated experience in designing a product from concept to delivery including wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity deliverables.
• Strong design vision: ability to be innovative in all spaces and create a wide variety of solutions
• Strong experience with product/iterative work with a single product or client, using Agile methodologies.
• Well-rounded understanding of user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience and design principles.
• Strong communication and teamwork skills.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Startup experience
• Experience with healthcare systems or labor marketplaces.
• Responsive/mobile design work
• Experience integrating A/B testing results into design iterations
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.