New York, NY
What is Nomad?
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
As a key early member of the team, you will influence the long-term evolution of web technology for the country’s first tech-driven healthcare staffing platform!
● Coach, mentor and inspire a team of 3-5+ software engineers
● Work closely with a small, dynamic team to build product and platform features that will improve the performance and experience of Nomad
● Define and implement best practices for clean, extensible code, scalable architecture, and platform stability
● Own the architecture, frameworks and toolkits used to build and maintain the product
● Collaborate across Product and Engineering to devise features, set priorities, strengthen architecture, and clarify requirements in a lean, agile organization
● Partner with Director of Engineering and VP of Engineering in building and growing the engineering team.
Who Are You?
- 2+ years of engineering management experience leading product-focused teams
- You strive to improve existing systems and processes
- Full-stack development experience in Python, Ruby, PHP, or a similar language
- Deep understanding of databases and caching, API design and consumption, and third-party software integration
- Strong drive to bring new products and ideas to market quickly, a willingness to experiment and take risks, and a desire to work in a tight-knit, dynamic, collaborative environment
- Strong understanding of development best practices
- Experience building native mobile apps or using libraries like React Native
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.