New York, NY /
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Forbes recognized Nomad in their inaugural “Best Startup Employers” of 2020. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series C startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
As Product Manager at Nomad Health, you will have an amazing opportunity to utilize your creative intelligence and natural empathy for users to define strategic products that delight our users and meet our business objectives. You are a hands-on problem-solver that thrives when taking a project from ambiguity to clarity. You are able to think big to innovate, while diving into the details for definition. You are a natural collaborator who seeks to understand the business and is comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, and data with analysts.
Reporting directly to a Senior Product Manager, this position will work out of our New York City office, currently remotely. Your responsibilities will include:
- Partner with UX/Design, Data Analysts, and internal collaborators to determine user pain points and priorities through discovery research and data analysis.
- Working with your manager, propose roadmap epics that address key problems and opportunities for users in line with our product strategy.
- Continuously develop and prioritize your backlog of user stories.
- Collaborate with engineering, design and business stakeholders to conceptualize, define, and test new features.
- Work closely with your Agile scrum team to deliver your roadmap and iterate.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
- Nourish a collaborative environment by encouraging the sharing of ideas and openness to feedback and learning.
- Utilizing experiments and data, analyze, track and report on success relative to objectives and key results.
Who Are You?
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Management role, working directly with engineering and design to build software products.
- Experience defining software and platforms for B2B or internal operations, such as HR technology, recruiting and applicant tracking systems, customer relationship management, labor marketplaces, project or document management.
- Experience working in Agile environments, particularly scrum.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with ability to synthesize user needs and pull insights out of data.
- Strong communication skills to foster cross-team and cross-office collaboration.
- Natural collaborator and enjoy working in teams.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work autonomously.
- Additional Preferred Qualifications:Understanding of experimentation methodologies, particularly A/B testing.
- Mobile apps experience.
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.