Director of Accounting
New York, NY
What is Nomad?
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
As the Director of Accounting on the Nomad team, you will manage all aspects of Nomad’s accounting and control functions, including developing and continuously improving the operational processes necessary to maintain reliable and accurate financial records. Additionally, you will provide strategic support and analysis for the finance department. This role is well-suited for someone that wants to master our books, and grow professionally in a high growth environment. You love contextualizing transactions, obsess over accuracy, and are meticulously organized. And you want to see both the forest and the trees.
Key responsibilities include:
● Close our books in a timely fashion for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
● Enter, review, and manage regular closing activities such as journal entries and reconciliations
● Ensure all accounts in the GL are accurately reconciled and reported in accordance with U.S. GAAP
● Manage all accounting operations for Nomad including accounts payable, accounts receivable, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, and compliance
● Review transactions for proper accounting treatment
● Manage employee expenses and allocation of expenses
● Assist with process improvement and automation
● Draft, maintain and promote accounting policies and procedures
● Assist in managing treasury functions of the company across subsidiaries
● Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects
Who you will work with?
This will be a very hands-on role that will report to the VP of Finance and manage our current accounting staff. During your tenure, you will be expected to build a high performing team to meet the needs of our rapidly scaling company. On a day-to-day basis, you will also work closely with operational members for both our travel nurse and locum tenens teams.
Who Are You?
- Enthusiastic; your positive attitude is contagious
- Impeccable integrity
- Detail oriented
- Eat, breathe, and sleep the matching principle
- Enjoy solving complicated problems
- Have demonstrable evidence working in a fast-paced environment where you're required to manage competing priorities and adhere to tight deadlines
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Former Big Four CPA with temporary staffing industry experience
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.