Senior Manager of Clinical Operations (RN)
New York, NY
What is Nomad?
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
The Senior Manager of Clinical Operations will play an integral role in driving success within Nomad’s clinical workforce. Responsibilities will include:
● Help Nomad build a best-in-industry process to support and manage our nurse workforce to ensure the highest quality clinical standards for patients
● Assist Nomad Team with HR hire decisions of nurses when needed
● Direct and manage HR-related issues that arise with our nurses while on assignment or afterwards, including terminations of nurses from facilities based on clinical or other shortcomings
● Provide remediations to clinicians who ask for it, and/or for whom the client facility asks for remediation to be provided, and be able to point them to additional helpful educational tools available
● Manage Nomad’s compliance standards for Joint Commission
● Perform outreach to nurses on assignment to gauge the clinical environment of the facility, the nurse’s clinical fit/comfort level in this setting
● Assist with the navigation through HIPAA and other governing bodies in the nursing industry to ensure timely and comprehensive resolution on issues which may arise
● Attend sales calls and join sales members on client visits to ensure our clients’ and nurses’ needs are met from a clinical standpoint
● Ability to provide training to all Nomad non-clinical colleagues across all nursing specialities
How will you get started at Nomad?
In your first six weeks at Nomad you will:
● Gain a thorough understanding of the Nomad Health end-to-end placement process and how to best drive success
● Build familiarity with all of Nomad’s existing HR processes and create a proposal to improve the process through implementation of new procedures, tools, etc
● Speak with our working nurses in the field to start relationships with our nurse workforce
In your first six months at Nomad you will:
● Build a best-in-class HR process, procedure, tools, and tracking for our nurse population
● Create a suite of resources for continuing education for our nurse workforce
● Help sales / BD build deep partnerships with large hospital systems with an emphasis on best-in-class care delivery
Over time, the product and the company’s needs will change, so your role will also evolve, with a sharp eye towards your professional development.
Who will you work with?
As a critical, early member of the Nomad team, you will interact frequently with members of the management, business development, and product teams. Your closest relationship will be with the Director of Clinical Operations, to whom you will directly report. Together you two will shoulder many of the responsibilities outlined above.
Who Are You?
● Go-getter with Nurse management experience who cares about getting as many clinicians as possible the best role.
● Passionate about the highest quality of care delivery and about nursing.
● Business driver who thrives on growth and long-term relationship building.
● Not in this for the quick win, but rather for the ongoing rewards of cultivating a candidate pool of high quality clinical providers and driving success for our clients and patients.
● Strong communicator and have a knack for getting people excited about the new, new thing.
● Eager to work in a changing, high-growth startup.
● Easygoing, calm under pressure, and fun to hang out with.
● RN and have acted as a Nurse Manager in the past.
Most importantly, you just can’t wait to join our team!
Benefits + Perks
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.