New York, NY
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series C startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
As a key early member of the team, you will influence the long-term evolution of web technology for the country’s first tech-driven healthcare staffing platform! At Nomad, you will:
● Work with a dynamic Product and Engineering organization to improve the quality of the Nomad product
● As a key member of the scrum team, test and evaluate web and mobile applications to ensure that they meet specifications and usability standards
● Develop and execute test plans and test cases for new features
● Work across the team to solidify acceptance criteria for user stories and functional requirements
● Create reports and analyze data about product quality and user behavior
● Train and evangelize the team on best practices and proper techniques for software testing and quality assurance
● Take the lead on documenting and triaging issues across our platform, and work with Product and Engineering to troubleshoot and fix bugs
● Maintain testing database by tracking defects and regression tests
● Implement and perform load/stress tests to drive performance of our platform
● Spearhead automated GUI testing using Selenium WebDriver (or preferred software)
Who Are You?
● 2-4 years of professional experience working in an agile environment as a QA Engineer and working on a variety of solutions for cross platform development for both web and mobile
● You thrive in a startup environment, and are comfortable working across teams and with incomplete information to solve big problems
● You have experience with the full product life cycle
● You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● You have worked with Jira or similar tools
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
● Experience with SQL, and NoSQL databases and basic scripting
● API testingWhite-box testingPython, Docker, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes
● Pytest, Selenium, JMeter (or other load testing tools)
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.