New York, NY
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
Who are you + what will you do at Nomad?
Nomad is growing fast and accumulating a wealth of data on which to capitalize. You will be at the center of efforts to analyze, understand, and visualize data to drive growth and new product initiatives. You love everything about data: cleaning it, transforming it, analyzing it, visualizing it, and using it to tell stories. You are intellectually curious and unafraid to ask questions. You are driven and eager to answer tough questions to help others. You are great at communicating insights to promote actionable change, and love to automate manual processes with data. You work autonomously, while also collaborating across the organization. You’re comfortable speaking technically with developers and engineers about data needs, but just as comfortable digging into business questions and presenting to senior leaders. You want to develop your passion for data into a career at a rapidly growing company with ambitions to be the source of all healthcare clinician data.
This position reports to the VP of Product, but you will interact and work with every team and leader at Nomad, including the COO and VP of Business Development.
● Implement, administer and utilize our analytical tools to provide insights that drive Nomad’s rapid growth - We use Looker and Amplitude.
● Own ad hoc analyses on operational efficiency, business trends & performance, user behavior, and more.
● Develop compelling, logically structured presentations (including story-telling of research/analytics findings) to share insights at all levels of the company on a regular basis.
● Represent Nomad's data needs and collaborate with product management and engineering on new initiatives.
● Partner with Product and Design to analyze user behavior, set metrics and measure outcomes of product releases and inform Nomad’s Product strategy and roadmap.
● Partner with the Operations and Growth teams to improve workflows and processes, and ensure data collection is consistent and accessible.
● Define, design, and build dashboards to track objectives and key results.
● Champion data throughout Nomad; consistently work to train others and share knowledge to support a self-sufficient analysis culture.
● Clean, document, and transform raw data into accessible data formats for our analytics tool stack.
● Contribute to the overall data strategy to simplify access to data and improve the overall data foundations for reporting and analytics.
● Respond to (or triage) data requests with minimal guidance or oversight.
● Work independently to prioritize your time across multiple projects.
What we’re looking for:
● 3+ years of experience in an analytical/data-centric role, preferably in a fast-paced, startup environment.
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics preferred, or a related field and experience with exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
● Experience with programming languages such as R, Matlab, Python, SQL, etc.
● An Excel pro with business intelligence tools experience (Looker, Tableau, Qlik, Amplitude, etc.). Experience developing in Looker's LookML is a plus.
● Understanding of basic Statistics.
● Working knowledge of relational (SQL) and/or non-relational (Mongo DB) databases a plus.
● Familiar and comfortable with data technology (Hadoop, Redshift, Big Query).
● Strong communication skills.
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.