Staff Frontend Engineer
New York, NY
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series C startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
As a key early member of the team, you will influence the long-term evolution of web technology for the country’s first tech-driven healthcare staffing platform!
● Help drive frontend workflows and standards within the organization
● Help engineers breakdown technical initiatives into actionable steps
● Diagnose and repair performance issues, and build strategies with others to ensure high throughput
● Be part of design and code reviews, providing architectural oversight and promoting tried and true design patterns
● Own decisions around refactoring and strengthening the frontend ecosystem
● Contributing to the growth and success of other members of the team through code review, documentation, and mentoring
Who Are You?
● 7+ years of front-end engineering experience
● Extensive experience with one of the following libraries/frameworks Ember.js, Vue.js, React
● Extensive experience with CSS and knowledge of or willingness to learn styled components
● Has led multiple cross functional front-end initiatives
● Coach and mentor teams and engineers
● Ability to refactor and/or re-architect front-end applications
● Can guide technical decision making processes and discussions
● Comfortable with sharing knowledge with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
● Knowledge of and passion for current trends and best practices in front-end technologies
● Experience building native mobile apps or using libraries like React Native
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.