Charlotte, NC /
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Forbes recognized Nomad in their inaugural “Best Startup Employers” of 2020. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series C startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will your key roles and responsibilities be?
Reporting directly to the VP of People, this position will work remotely for now and out of Charlotte office when we return to an on-site environment. Your responsibilities will include:
- Take a business partner approach in providing day-to-day guidance to staff
- Be an approachable, receptive advocate for each of our employees and a go-to resource for HR issues
- Gain a thorough understanding of our culture, product, strategy, and competitors, and use this knowledge to support Nomad’s HR & Recruiting functions
- Provide Ad-hoc recruiting support during periods of increased hiring
- Help create job descriptions, recruitment pipelines, and external communications for candidates
- Identify new methods for recruiting a diverse pool of candidates
- Build and manage our D&I initiatives across the organization
- Manage and contribute to various People Team projects (L&D, performance management, engagement etc.)
- Help to create and run our annual People Engagement survey
- Craft Internal Communications
- Track and organize HR data and report against key metrics
- Assist our Operations, Product, and Finance teams to manage the HR complexities of our hundreds (and soon thousands) of clinicians on assignment in health systems around the country
Who are you?
- You are a thoughtful, empathetic and trusted team player who is interested in supporting our staff’s full-lifecycle.
- You have at least 5 years of human resources experience and 1 year of in-house recruiting experience - recruiting for Engineering and Product roles is a plus.
- You have lived and breathed the challenges of startups and enjoy working in a fun, fast paced, and complex work environment.
- You are an excellent communicator and an even better listener.
- You are mission-driven and want to pour yourself into your work because you believe in it and the people you work with. Most importantly, you can’t wait to come work at Nomad!
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.