Junior Payroll Accountant
New York, NY
What is Nomad?
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
You will become Nomad's first dedicated payroll accountant with an opportunity to make an immediate impact on a fast growing healthcare technology company. In addition to the specific tasks, you will be asked to think creatively and improve processes in order for us to scale. We don't want someone to simply check the boxes, we want them to create new ones and make us better.
Your role will be a mix of three primary responsibilities which include timely and accurate payroll processing, oversight of all compliance matters, and creating efficient processes. More detail on each responsibility is below.
Timely and accurate payroll processing
- Be the expert on Nomad’s payroll policy
- Input all timecard data and expense reimbursements, and double check all entries prior to payroll submission
- Accurate and timely submission of payroll on weekly basis
- Research and resolve any payroll correction or reconciliation issues
- Run off-cycle payroll as needed for corrections and adjustments as needed
- Produce reports as needed for billing, accounting, and finance
- Provide cross functional support regarding all payroll related questions
- Work directly with accounting for bank reconciliations and month end journal entries
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end preparation activities
Oversight of all compliance matters
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws
- Verify proper taxation of employees and research and maintain multi-state tax withholdings compliance
- Accrue and maintain all sick time in accordance with applicable state laws
- Quarterly Tax preparation of all taxes not handled by payroll processor
- Tax and W2 preparation for quarter and year-end close
Create efficient processes
- Propose new processes based on gaining expertise in your tasks above
- Develop implementation plans
- Monitor effectiveness
Who Are You?
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- 3+ year of professional experience
- 2+ years of processing hourly payroll
- Quickbooks experience
- You're detail oriented: You obsess over the details of a contract, and ensure accuracy down to the tenth of an hourYou have demonstrable ability to prioritize:
- You intake the needs of your constituents, ask questions, and prioritize accordingly
- You possess a high degree of professionalism: You will interact daily with the clients we aim to delight
- You have initiative: You don't just identify challenges, you overcome them and present the solution
Benefits + Perks
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.