Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Forbes recognized Nomad in their inaugural “Best Startup Employers” of 2020. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series C startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
As a key early member of the team, you will influence the long-term evolution of web technology for the country’s first tech-driven healthcare staffing platform! As a QA Engineer, you are a testing leader of the company, you will ensure code quality and timely delivery
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases for new features
- Work across the team to solidify acceptance criteria for user stories and functional requirements
- Train and evangelize engineers on best practices and proper techniques for software testing and quality assurance
- Take the lead on documenting and triaging issues across our platform, taking ownership of bug reporting and validating solutions
- Maintain testing database by tracking defects and regression tests
- Implement and perform load/stress tests to drive the performance of our platform
- Spearhead automated GUI testing using Selenium WebDriver
Who Are You?
- 2+ years of professional experience working as a QA Engineer, focused on consumer-facing web and mobile software.
- You thrive in a startup environment and are comfortable working across teams and with incomplete information to solve big problems
- Experience with the full product life cycle and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have worked with Jira or similar tools
- You have experience with object-oriented programming (Python or JS preferred)
- You have experience in BDD and TDD
- Ability to take ownership of projects, and always ask why
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Postgres)
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GKE, BigQuery)
- Experience with testing tools like JMeter and Browserstack
- Experience writing tests using frameworks like Pytest, Mocha, and Selenium, Cypress
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.