Business Development Associate
New York, NY
What is Nomad?
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
As a Business Development Associate you will expand the reach and adoption of Nomad Health’s revolutionary technology and platform. Specifically, you will:
● Identify, prospect, and develop strategic relationships with partners and potential customers
● Develop robust pipeline of new customers and projects in accounts through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting
● Develop cross-functional relationships across Nomad to effectively execute the management team’s key initiatives and provide leverage across disciplines
● Develop insights on corporate strategy to help the management team think about new business opportunities
● Perform data analysis of current partners to create actionable feedback for the company in order to optimize Nomad’s performance
● Develop and strengthening Nomad’s relationships with key partners and stakeholders via phone calls, emails, and in person visits
● Collaborate with the Nomad Product team to translate front-line insights into new products and services
● Embrace an “all hands-on deck” culture
How will you get started at Nomad?
In your first six weeks at Nomad you will:
● Gain a thorough understanding of the Nomad Health end-to-end experience and business model
● Develop a deep familiarity with the temporary clinician staffing market, its key stakeholders, and its strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities
● Understand what motivates people and organizations to engage in this market
● Understand the various interaction points between clinicians and clients on the Nomad platform
● Gain familiarity with the internal & external tools and platforms that we use on a day to day basis
● Begin assisting the team with managing our client relationships
In your first six months at Nomad you will:
● Have a full understanding of the healthcare staffing market
● Develop a robust pipeline of new partners and prospective clients
Of course, over this timeframe, the product and the company’s needs will change, so your role will also evolve with time — with a sharp eye towards your professional development and personal satisfaction.
Who will you work with?
As a critical, early member of the Nomad team, you will interact frequently with members of the Management Team, Business Development, Account Management, Operations, and Product teams.
Who Are You?
- Highly skilled, energetic, personable, hard-working, and driven team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy identifying problems and designing scalable solutions
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Strong communicator and have a knack for helping people solve their problems
- Eager to work in a changing, high-growth startup
- 1-3+ years in a relevant role- preferably in investment banking, consulting, or business development, ideally healthcare experience
- Fun to hang out with and can’t wait to join our team!
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.