What is Nomad?
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
As Product Designer, you will have a significant impact on our business through design ownership of Nomad’s products. You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, stakeholders, and other designers to advocate user-centered design. Our approach is data-informed and based on design thinking methodologies. You’re obsessive about small details, and want to play a big role in taking Nomad to the next level in an innovative and consistent manner.
● Own the end-to-end design process, including wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and the implementation of such with engineers
● Demonstrate and communicate the end-to-end design concept across departments and stakeholders with clarity and conviction, synthesizing feedback, and delivering on iterations
● Test and support your designs with research and data: user testing, prototype testing, and A/B testing
● Working with your engineering and product manager counterparts, you'll play a leading role in defining and designing the Nomad platform and core services to enable our future vision
● Participate in your scrum team to deliver designs for product epics according to Agile methodologies, driving progress through consistent design contribution
● You will nourish a collaborative environment by encouraging the sharing of ideas and openness to feedback, learning, and iteration
● Reporting directly to the Director of Design, this position will work out of our Charlotte NC office
Who Are You?
- 3-5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience. Your work should reflect the ability to simplify complex experiences and communicate how your designs solve problems.
- Strong experience with product/iterative work with a single product or client.
- Well-rounded understanding of user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles.
- Strong ability to communicate your design vision through verbal explanation, sketching, or quick mock ups to small or large groups, from designers to executives.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience.
- Perennial self starter that can create schedules and define scope of work even without explicit requirements and direction.
- Ability to balance the defense of your design decisions while taking feedback graciously and considering alternative points of view.
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with/understanding of two-sided markets/platforms
- Experience with responsive/mobile design
- Experience integrating A/B testing results into design iterations
- Experience with healthcare systems or labor marketplaces.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.