Junior Revenue Accountant
What is Nomad?
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
You will become Nomad's first dedicated revenue accountant with an opportunity to make an immediate impact on a fast growing healthcare technology company. In addition to the specific tasks, you will be asked to think creatively and improve processes in order for us to scale. We don't want someone to simply check the boxes, we want them to create new ones and make us better.
Your role will be a mix of three primary responsibilities which include timely and accurate billing, maintain delightful relationships with our partners, and creating efficient processes. More detail on each responsibility is below.
Ensure timely and accurate billing of all clinician hours:
- Review time detail, create invoices, and submit to client
- Upload billings and/or enter time to agency clients
- Review agency client time reports to confirm accuracy
- Bring any critical items to attention
Maintain delightful relationships with our partners:
- Understand contracts and inquire about best practices
- Contact client as necessary for follow ups, payment reminders, issue resolution
- Monitor account receivable balance
- Post and reconcile payments
- Create credit memos and post adjustments as necessary
Create and implement efficient processes
- Propose new processes based on gaining expertise in your tasks above
- Develop implementation plans
- Monitor effectiveness
Who Are You?
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- 1+ year of accounting experience
- Quickbooks experience
- You're detail oriented: You obsess over the details of a contract, and ensure accuracy down to the tenth of an hour
- You have demonstrable ability to prioritize: You intake the needs of your constituents, ask questions, and prioritize accordingly
- You possess a high degree of professionalism: You will interact daily with the clients we aim to delight
- You have initiative: You don't just identify challenges, you overcome them and present the solution
We are looking for hungry, enthusiastic members to help grow our company. And we're hoping it's you!
Benefits + Perks
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.