Director, Nurse Operations
New York, NY
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
The Director of Operations will be responsible for driving growth and scaling our travel nursing business. The Travel Nursing sector represents a $5.4B market and is a rapidly growing business line for Nomad. As Nomad enters new markets this person will be a critical driving force behind that expansion.
As our Director of Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations of our travel nurses on assignment, managing towards the company’s strategic vision and operating plan, and crafting/hitting KPIs for your teams. Key responsibilities will include:
● Identify and build processes and teams that enable Nomad to scale into a best- in-industry player in the temporary staffing market; work closely with product and engineering to build the necessary technology
● Manage and develop individuals who are on the front lines supporting our nurses actively on assignment in hospitals across the country
● Provide support and guidance on any issues that are encountered by a nurse while onsite, including disciplinary and behavioral concerns
● Cultivate and embrace an "all hands on deck" culture
Who will you work with?
As a critical, early member of the Nomad team, you will interact frequently with members of the Management, Operations, Account Management, Clinical Operations, and Product Teams.
Your closest relationship will be with the VP of Operations, to whom you will directly report. Together you two will shoulder many of the responsibilities outlined above.
Who are you?
You are an energetic, highly-personable, detailed obsessed, business driver who thrives helping early-stage companies scale. Specific skill set and experience includes:
● 5+ years experience in high growth, fast paced companies with a clear track record of growing or scaling a business
● Experience managing and motivating a diverse team
● Empathetic individual who enjoys helping people through difficult situations
● Scrappy attitude, willingness to get your hands dirty
● Strong interpersonal skills, especially as applies to coaching and mentorship
● Previous experience in scaling operations at a high-growth start-up
Most importantly, you just can’t wait to join our team and help change healthcare!
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.