Senior Product Manager
New York, NY
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
Nomad is growing fast and we are expanding our market segments to address additional clinician types. As Sr. Product Manager for Multi-clinician Expansion, you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of our platform and define an MVP for a new clinician segment. You are a hands-on problem-solver that thrives when taking a project from ambiguity to clarity. You are able to think big to innovate, while diving into the details for definition. You are a natural collaborator who is comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, data with analysts, workflow with operations, and launch programs with marketing. You have proven analytical, technical, business, and communication skills, and you love talking with customers.
● Working closely with engineering, product, and our business teams, play a leading role in determining how our platform evolves to address multiple clinician segments and workflows.
● Conduct market and user research to know your customers, identify and prioritize problems and opportunities. Collaborate with design and business stakeholders to conceptualize, define, experiment, and test an MVP for a new clinician segment.
● Work closely with our operations team to identify obstacles to scale, and support their ongoing needs.
● Define a roadmap of epics that address key problems and opportunities for Nomad users. Continuously develop and prioritize your backlog of user stories.
● Lead your scrum team to deliver your roadmap, according to Agile methodologies.
● Proactively identify, communicate, and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
● Nourish a collaborative environment by encouraging the sharing of ideas and openness to feedback, learning, and iteration.
● Analyze and track success with metrics and data.
● Motivate your team to deliver their best.
● Reporting directly to the VP of Product, this position will work out of our New York City or Charlotte, NC office.
Who Are You?
● 5-10 years of experience in a Product Management role, working directly with engineering and design to build software products.
● In depth understanding of Product Management process.
● Experience working in Agile environments, particularly scrum.
● Experience and knowledge of SaaS products in a marketplace, B to C or B to B context.
● Ability to conduct user research and competitive analysis, and synthesize user needs into product priorities and specifications.
● Strong communication skills to foster cross-team and cross-office collaboration.
● Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work autonomously.
● Passion for metrics and data-driven decision making is a plus.
● Ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions, make decisions, and define metrics.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
● Experimentation, and particularly A/B testing experience.
● Product Management and Agile certifications and/or courses.
● Mobile apps experience.
● Experience with healthcare systems or labor marketplaces.
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.