Charlotte, NC /
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Forbes recognized Nomad in their inaugural “Best Startup Employers” of 2020. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series C startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
The Operations Associate will play a starring role in crafting and implementing strategies and workflows to better serve our nurses. This will entail:
● Working with our nurses and tirelessly solving their issues
● Ensuring our nurses have the necessary qualifications and information needed while providing a best in class experience
● Identifying ways to improve our processes and workflow
● Being the eyes and ears of Nomad and always finding opportunities to improve the customer experience
● Collaborating with the Nomad Product team to translate front-line insights into new products and services
● Embracing an “all hands on deck” culture
How will you get started at Nomad?
In your first six weeks at Nomad you will:
● Gain a thorough understanding of the Nomad Health end-to-end experience and business model
● Develop a deep familiarity with the temporary clinician staffing market, its key stakeholders, and its strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities
● Understand what motivates people and organizations to engage in this market
● Understand the various interaction points between nurses and hospitals on the Nomad platform
● Support nurses throughout their journey from job search to working an assignment
In your first six months at Nomad you will:
● Have a full understanding of the healthcare staffing market
● Help design and establish a successful operations and customer success workflow that delights our customers in a timely fashion and improves Nomad’s placement rate
● Become the Nomad expert on solving nurse questions, issues, and complaints.
Of course, over this timeframe, the product and the company’s needs will change, so your role will also evolve with time — with a sharp eye towards your professional development and personal satisfaction.
Who will you work with? As a critical, early member of the Nomad team, you will interact frequently with members of the Operations, Account Management and Compliance teams as well as occasionally with Product teams.
Who Are You?
● You are an energetic, highly-personable, business driver who thrives on delighting customers
● You have great prioritization and time management skills
● You are very organized, accountable and detail-oriented
● You are a strong communicator and have a knack for helping people solve their problems
● You are eager to work in a changing, high-growth startup
● You are excited to join a team oriented culture that celebrates wins and supports each other’s growth
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.