Operations Associate (remote-West Coast)
Los Angeles, CA
What is Nomad?
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
The Operations Associate (remote-West Coast) will play a starring role in crafting and implementing strategies and workflows to better serve our nurses. This will entail:
● Working with our customers and tirelessly solving their issues
● Identifying ways to improve our processes and workflows
● Handling all customer communication via phone, email, and chat
● Being the eyes and ears of Nomad and always finding opportunities to improve the customer experience
● Collaborating with the Nomad Product team to translate front-line insights into new products and services
● Embracing an “all hands on deck” culture
How will you get started at Nomad?
In your first six weeks at Nomad you will:
● Gain a thorough understanding of the Nomad Health end-to-end experience and business model
● Develop a deep familiarity with the temporary clinician staffing market, its key stakeholders, and its strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities
● Understand what motivates people and organizations to engage in this market
● Understand the various interaction points between clinicians and clients on the Nomad platform
● Support nurses throughout their journey from job search to working an assignment
In your first six months at Nomad you will:
● Have a full understanding of the healthcare staffing market
● Help design and establish a successful operations and customer success workflow that delights our customers in a timely fashion and improves Nomad’s placement rate
● Become the Nomad expert on solving nurse questions, issues, and complaints
Of course, over this timeframe, the product and the company’s needs will change,
so your role will also evolve with time — with a sharp eye towards your professional development and personal satisfaction.
Who will you work with?
As a critical, early member of the Nomad team, you will interact frequently with
members of the Operations, Talent, Account Management, and Product teams.
Who Are You?
- You have at least 1-3 years of work experience in a relevant role
- You are an energetic, highly-personable, business driver who thrives on delighting customers
- You enjoy identifying problems and designing scalable solutions
- You are very organized and detail oriented
- You are a strong communicator and have a knack for helping people solve their problems
- You are eager to work in a changing, high-growth startup
- You have previous operations, customer success, or project management experience and ideally start-up experience
- You are fun to hang out with and can’t wait to join our team!
Benefits + Perks
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.