VP of Operations
New York, NY
What is Nomad?
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
The VP of Operations will be responsible for driving growth and scaling our travel nursing business. The Travel Nursing sector represents a $5.4B market and is a rapidly growing business line for Nomad. As Nomad enters new markets this person will be a critical driving force behind that expansion.
As our VP of Operations, you will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations, maintaining the company’s strategic vision and operating plan, and managing KPIs. Key responsibilities will include:
• Executing our overall business strategy in the market
• Developing and owning many of our performance metrics
• Building and implementing processes that drive more top-of-funnel activity and optimize conversion rates
• Overseeing day-to-day operations with an eye towards continuous improvement
• Managing teams across operations, customer support, and supporting nurses after they are hired
• Cultivating and embracing an “all hands on deck” culture
Who will you work with?
As a critical, early member of the Nomad team, you will interact frequently with members of the Management, Operations, Account Management, Marketing, and Product teams.
Your closest relationship will be with the Chief Operating Officer, to whom you will directly report. Together you two will shoulder many of the responsibilities outlined above.
Who Are You?
- Energetic, highly-personable, detailed obsessed, business driver who thrives helping early-stage companies scale
- 8+ years experience in high growth, fast paced companies with a clear track record of growing or scaling a business
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and project management skills
- A data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Scrappy attitude, willingness to get your hands dirty
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially as applies to coaching and mentorship
- Experience managing and motivating a diverse team
- Enthusiastic, grounded, self-aware persona
- Previous experience in scaling operations at a high-growth start-up
- Most importantly, you just can’t wait to join our team and help change healthcare!
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.