Director of Sales & Account Management
Account Management /
Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Forbes recognized Nomad in their inaugural “Best Startup Employers” of 2020. Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series C startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so doctors and nurses can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
You will play an important role in leading the Sales and Account Management teams. The Director of Account Management will develop long-term relationships with clients and collaborate cross-functionally with other Nomad key stakeholders. You will lead a team of Account Managers dedicated to meeting the needs of Nomad’s clients.
This will entail:
- Leading the team by fostering an environment of learning and achievement
- Leveraging existing industry relationships to further strengthen our current partnerships at both the MSP and direct Health System level
- Establishing key objectives and metrics for Account Managers to enable peak performance management
- Continuous process assessment to ensure highest level of speed, quality, conversion and fill rates
- Seek expansion opportunities within current accounts and prospects through sales efforts
- Do all of the important things managers do–get right in there with your team, motivate, coach, pull reports, diagnose, and plan
How will you get started at Nomad?
In your first six weeks at Nomad you will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Nomad Health end-to-end experience and business model
- Develop a deep familiarity with how our model fits into the temporary clinician staffing market, and benefits its key stakeholders
- Understand the various interaction points between nurses and hospitals on the Nomad platform
In your first six months at Nomad you will:
- Help solidify a scalable Account Management workflow and process that supports our partners and improves Nomad’s placement rate
- Become the Nomad expert on solving client questions, issues, and complaints
Of course, over this timeframe, the product and company’s needs will change, so your role will also evolve with time - with a sharp eye towards your professional development and personal satisfaction.
Who will you work with?
As a critical, early member of the Nomad team, you will interact frequently with the VP of Business Development, COO, other Directors of Operations and their teams, Sales, and occasionally with Product teams. You will report directly to the VP of Business Development.
Who Are You?
- Passionate about healthcare staffing, ideally with a wealth of experience in the industry
- Data-driven mindset for decision making
- Strong communication skills to foster cross-team and cross-office collaboration
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work autonomously
- You are very organized, and you have great prioritization and time management skills
- You are eager to work in a changing, high-growth startup
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, free snacks and drinks, generous parental leave, gym discounts, regular team outings, and a whole lot more.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.