Project Coordinator - Building Science
Cion|Coulter – Burlington - Studio
Cion Coulter is a Building Science / multi-disciplined Engineering firm. Cion Coulter’s primary goal is to provide technical services to meet the needs of the property and facility management industry. Cion Coulter’s core staff comprises a blend of, engineering, architectural and information management experts specializing in the inspection and evaluation of buildings and building information including; rehabilitation design engineering, building envelope investigations, reserve fund studies, building condition assessments, performance audits, structural assessments and drawing and document management services /software.
We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator – Building Science to join our team in our Burlington office. As a Project Coordinator, you will be involved in, building condition assessments, performance audits, reserve fund studies, Field Review and various investigations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with building investigations for various types of reports
- Prepare detailed drawings and specifications for rehabilitation projects
- Conduct onsite building reviews and preparation of building condition assessments, reserve fund studies and other related detailed building reports
- Coordinate project delivery, define project scope, specify deliverables, estimate and control project duration
- Manage the contract administration for rehabilitation projects
- Effectively communicate with clients, contractors and senior staff
- Has successfully completed related post-secondary education
- Possesses between 1-4 years of experience in building science, with a focus on building envelope.
- Has experience in providing cost estimates for remedial repairs is required.
- Has experience in preparation of project proposals, technical specifications,
- Is experienced with conducting condition assessments and reserve fund studies
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of OBC, NBC and technical knowledge evaluating building components (envelope/cladding systems)
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in design software skills including Revit, AutoCAD, and other discipline specific software
- Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations or over the telephone
- Excels at writing reports, composing clear documents with strong editing and/or proof reading
- Has Advanced computer skills to produce reports, documents, and presentations. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Has post-secondary education in relevant Architecture or Engineering program
Cion Coulter embraces diversity and is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require an accommodation or have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department: www.cioncoulter.com.