Senior Project Manager - Building Science
Cion|Coulter – Burlington - Studio
Cion Coulter is a Building Science / multi-disciplined Engineering firm. Cion Coulter’s primary goal is to provide technical services to meet the needs of the property and facility management industry. Cion Coulter’s core staff comprises a blend of, engineering, architectural and information management experts specializing in the inspection and evaluation of buildings and building information including; rehabilitation design engineering, building envelope investigations, reserve fund studies, building condition assessments, performance audits, structural assessments and drawing and document management services /software.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager – Building Science to join our team in our Burlington office. As Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery and management of building assessments, investigations, and rehabilitation projects. Your duties include:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnosis of building performance issues and provide expert recommendations / advice, as required, to resolve technical issues or concerns
- Provide detailed design / prepare drawings and specifications for building envelope rehabilitation projects
- Performs site visitations to determine feasibility and cost effectiveness of potential projects.
- Manage project delivery, define project scope, specify deliverables, estimate and control project duration
- Conduct onsite building reviews and preparation of building condition assessments, reserve fund studies and other related detailed building reports
- Manage the contract administration for rehabilitation projects
- Effectively communicate with clients, contractors and senior staff
- Pursues new business by building relationships and leading proposals.
- Mentor junior staff
The Ideal Candidate:
- Possesses at least 10-15 years’ of experience in building science, architecture, or engineering with a focus on building envelope.
- Extensive experience with building envelope rehabilitation, design, specification and contract administration
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of OBC, NBC and technical knowledge evaluating building components (envelope/cladding systems)
- Experience in providing cost estimates for remedial repairs is required.
- Has experience in preparation of project proposals, PCA reports and reserve fund studies
Cion Coulter embraces diversity and is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require an accommodation or have any questions, please contact our Human Resources Department: www.cioncoulter.com.