Software Development – Engineering
Support a team of full-stack developers with DevOps mindset to build a state-of-the-art digital commerce platform for more than 100 million end users in the United States of America. Create a digital commerce platform from REST API to database as a full-stack developer, using Java 8 and various open source technologies. Work on continuous integration pipeline configuration, deployment optimization, and writing Unit and Cucumber tests.
How can Nortal offer you such an opportunity? We combine strategy, change and technology to deliver meaningful impact. Together with close to 600 specialists, we create data-driven and seamless processes for governments, businesses and healthcare institutions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa ,and now also in the USA. We run projects in more than 20 countries across the globe, with the aim to simplify and optimize naturally complex processes in order to create a seamless society. Here is what we have done:
-We’ve propelled Oman 127 places up in World Bank ranking for Ease of Doing Business by changing local legislation and creating an e-Business Registry, to boost local business setup.
-We’ve created meaningful impact for 35 million telecom subscribers across Baltics and Nordics and parts of Asia alongside key telco operators, and tens of millions across United States alongside one of the leading telecom players.
-We are awarded as most employee and family-friendly company in Estonia in 2008, 2012 & 2014
The project leverages Elastic Path Commerce built with widely used Java open source technologies including Spring, OpenJPA, Solr, Drools and Camel. One of the core components, Elastic Path Cortex is patent-pending hypermedia API, allowing developers to assemble resources from multiple business platforms into one unified API. Cortex conforms rigorously to the HATEOAS constraint and Level 3 of the Richardson Maturity Model, making it one of the most advanced APIs on the planet. These technology platforms helped the world’s biggest brands - Google, Symantec, Time Inc, Virgin Media, to name a few.
Kaarel Raspel, System Architect and Team Lead at Nortal
"My constant professional and personal quest is for projects with ever bigger impact. Because greater impact means greater technological complexity and challenge. I could not have wished for something more than the opportunity offered by Nortal to be part of a project with a USA-wide impact.”
Priit Liivak, Head of Engineering
“E-commerce has changed significantly in recent years, making it necessary to rethink the architecture of past solutions and approaches. Customers are no longer satisfied with a simple web based e-shop. IoT products, smart watches, Google Home, Amazon Echo have changed the game in e-commerce. To support all these touch points, their interfaces need to be reactive. In US e-commerce projects we use Elastic Path Commerce to build a single coherent API to simplify and improve the customer journey for 100 million end users.
Architecturally, the customer is striving for a goal which makes a lot of sense and I saw many opportunities where I could support our teams to achieve that. The focus on high levels of automation and quality was also very appealing. The customer communication is very open and honest, regardless of multiple stakeholders.”
Do you have what it takes to join us:
- Very good knowledge of Java and Spring
- Experience with REST API’s
- Understanding the principles of Scrum methodology
- Open-minded, eager to learn new things and solutions oriented
- Understanding how your work provides value to the end-customers
- Being a proactive thought leader
- Decent communication skills in English
- “Nice to have” if experience with Drools, Solr, Docker, Apigee
- You can exclusively see the back stage of one of the e-commerce solutions of one of the largest telecom operators in the USA
- A career path based on constant improvement, daily learning, trainings and developing your skills and experiences in various locations.
- An opportunity to grow and learn in Nortal’s developer community with +200 global advocates.
- You can contribute to the decision-making – the people in charge are in the next room from yours, and the doors are always open.
- We strive to retain a cozy atmosphere, even though we are a multinational company with offices around the globe.
- We have lunch together, we participate in Nortal’s legendary events, conferences and when the mood strikes, we all get off our benches and go do something exciting.
If you are curious, we are glad to set up a chat for you with Priit Liivak, Nortal’s Head of Engineering. Just contact me:
Research us and find short intro about this exciting USA project can be found in our Blog. Let’s meet and you can get more first-hand info from people behind this mega project!
Nortal is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and promoter of meritocracy, and we are committed to providing our employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, disability, genetics, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, political opinion, social status or past or present military status.