Business Unit Manager
Estonia, Tallinn /
Product/Project/Consultancy – Project and Account Management /
We are looking for a growth- and development-oriented Business Unit Manager with strong leadership skills to join our delivery team of 35+ highly skilled IT professionals. Together with the team, you will hold an influential role in helping our clients come up with and develop innovative solutions that improve the lives of people in Estonian society.
You can be a great Business Unit Manager in various ways. Here are some potential priorities & cornerstones for this role:
- You will help deliver information systems for one of our most successful and innovative public sector clients by taking ownership and full responsibility for the success of the project and achieving desired goals: customer satisfaction, P&L targets and strong project teams.
- As a Nortal leader, your goal is to build strong project teams and ensuring Nortal is the best place for growth, impact and developments for existing and future employees.
- You will actively take part in the strategic business development of the local region by supporting and leading the sales cases among existing and new clients.
- You will not focus only on your own goals and aims but make sure that decisions made are on behalf of the whole organization by building strong relationships and collaboration with the Estonian Managers Team.
You’re likely to succeed if you:
- ... have successfully managed software development projects.
- ... have worked on multiple client accounts and have strong client-facing abilities.
- ... have a keen interest, passion and vision concerning how great software is made and how to make it even better.
- ... have successfully led your team (managing team leads/managers; or directly managing a team of around 20+ people) and possess strong leadership skills.
- ... have experience building strong teams by nurturing self-organization and increasing transparency, trust and motivation through autonomy, mastery and purpose.
- ... enjoy challenging yourself and setting the bar high — not only for yourself but also for the team and your cooperation partners.
- … you want our clients and employees to describe Nortal as a great and professional partner that truly adds new value.
- … get things done, and you are an agile person by nature with a hands-on approach and an appreciation for common sense.
- ... have excellent spoken and written Estonian and English language skills.
We like to say that Nortal is a right-sized company — big enough to manage critical projects and have a meaningful impact yet small enough to care. At Nortal, you can still feel the significance and influence of one person. You can also know all (or at least most) of your colleagues. You’re able to execute your ideas in a reasonable timeframe. And last but not least, Nortal is owned by its employees, meaning lots of common sense, not too many rules, and substance being much more important than titles, positions or looking important.
If you recognized yourself in this description, don’t hesitate to reach out to Sigrite Laidmets (+372 5271521; firstname.lastname@example.org) — I am happy to answer all your questions.