HR Business Partner for Finland
We are looking for a passionate and strategic (yet hands-on) HR professional to join a team with a mission - to build a seamless society. You will hold an influential role in helping our team to simplify complex processes and create better experiences for our clients in Digital Healthcare, Digital Government, Digital Commerce and Industry 4.0 domains.
It's in our genetic code to set the bar high, keep growing and remain flexible in the ever-changing business environment. And you will be the advocate for that genetic code. You will advise and support our Delivery and Sales Leadership team in people related matters, making sure that Nortal is the best place for professional development, impact and personal growth.
The role can be located either in Helsinki, Oulu or Turku.
You can be a great HRBP in various ways. Here are some potential priorities & cornerstones for this role:
- Understand our vision & business and create HR strategy & people plan that supports this.
- Act as a right-hand adviser for Mika Kirveennummi (Head of Delivery, Finland) and for our leaders’ team, including Harri Koponen (CEO of Nortal Oy) among others. You will be advising on people and team related issues, focusing on creating high-performance teams & great culture.
- Run and own HR/People programs by complementing them with your ideas & latest thinking in HR to realize the existing opportunities & solve our challenges.
- Be an active member of our global HRBP team, build close cooperation and aim to create a strong company (and not just strong units).
- Be an HR manager for Nortal in Finland, own our local employee promise and be the spokesperson.
- Although we expect you to be hands-on with the HR related matters, you will not be alone in this journey. Among others, you will have a strong cooperation with our HR Specialist in Finland Leena Paulin, Lawyers team, TA team, Office team, Learning & Development Architect Siim Sutrop, Head of Employer Branding Katrin Koha, and Marketing and Communications Consultant Harriet Haras-Refael.
You’re likely to succeed if you …
- …are still hungry and you carry a strong drive & high energy.
- …have your own HR vision, principles & ideas, but at the same time you wish to understand what would work best in Nortal.
- …are a true people person with a strong business & analytical acumen. Great people person means being visible and accessible and also seeing Nortal life as a bonus, not as a duty. Business & analytical acumen means that you want to understand our business and the problems we are solving.
- …get things done and you are an agile person by nature with hands-on (no white gloves) approach and you appreciate common sense.
- ...like to challenge yourself and set the bar high for the HR team and also for your cooperation partners - you want our leaders and employees to describe the HR as a great and professional partner who truly adds new value by helping the company and individuals to get better.
- …are a Nortal person meaning you value openness and honesty, team work, constant improvement and meaningful impact.
- …have a lot of potential & you are interested to increase your responsibility in the long run (whether it is the organization's size, new markets/units, HR development topics, etc.)
- …have good mobility - we have 4 offices in Finland and you need to visit them regularly.
- …have tech interest - for a tech & consultancy sector company HR work is a crucial part of the core business. Tech/software development sector is a pioneer in the HR field and it is changing fast, which means you have to stay up-to-date.
- ...have good spoken and written Finnish and English language skills.
We like to say that Nortal is a right sized company - big enough to do serious projects & have serious impact, and small enough to care. At Nortal you can still feel the significance & impact of one person. You can also know all (or at least most) of your colleagues. You’re able to execute your ideas in reasonable time frame. And regarding your further HR career perspective - what you do & learn here are relevant and usable both in smaller and bigger companies. Last but not least, Nortal is owned by its employees, meaning lots of common sense, not too many rules and substance being much more important than titles or positions or looking important.
If you recognized yourself in this description and your heart starts beating faster while thinking about this challenge, don’t hesitate to reach out to Sigrite Laidmets (+372 5271521; Sigrite.Laidmets@nortal.com) or Virpi Kivinen (+358 40 6616 338; Virpi.Kivinen@nortal.com) – we’ll be happy to answer all your questions over the phone or meet you for a coffee.