Are you excited about the opportunities cloud solutions can bring to companies and the modern society? Do you want to be building a growing competence area in a global company? Are you eager to constantly develop your skills working with top experts? If your answer is yes, we have a perfect opportunity for you!
Nortal is a global, agile company that combines strategy, change, and technology to deliver meaningful impact to companies and the society. In 2018 Nortal acquired Dev9, a Seattle-based pioneer in cloud modernization. As one of the top North American AWS Advanced, Google Cloud Premier and Azure partners, they deliver innovation through software development rooted in continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), automation and cloud.
We are building the Cloud Center of Excellence in Finland and we are expanding to other Nordic countries. Utilizing our Cloud expertise, we are now building our core team around cloud in Finland, and we are looking for an experienced and motivated Cloud Architect to join our team and help us build something big. This is a unique opportunity to craft your own career path and to work side-by-side with top-of-the-world experts in cloud development.
Cloud Architect to us means someone who possesses a unique balance of hands-on technical depth combined with excellent interpersonal skills. The architects' key role from one side is to understand customers' needs and be their trusted advisor; and from another side, it's to bring credibility and technical knowledge to the both the sales process and to your colleagues. You will get to work on industry leading technology concepts and processes in targeted POCs, design cloud and hybrid architectures and guide the development team from a technical leadership perspective. Depending on your preferences you can also get a chance to lead workshops or give technical talks to help build our community.
To be successful in this role, you must have hands-on software development, solutions architecture and cloud experience as this is crucial to understand what the client needs and what we are able to offer from a technical point of view. Many of our clients are just starting their cloud adoption journey and will need your assistance in transforming their solution. You'll be in the middle of these worlds and thus must understand both sides of the coin.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Minimum 3 years of working knowledge of cloud offerings and solutions (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure). Cloud experience outside of IaaS is preferred
- Software development background with experience in delivering production-quality software
- Experience and opinions on agile methodologies, CI/CD deployment, TDD, Infrastructure-as-Code, configuration management tools and containers vs virtual machines & familiarity with common DevOps tooling
- Pre-sales experience and/or experience designing & delivering technology workshops
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Experience with container orchestration such as Kubernetes is a huge plus
What makes us unique:
- We don't just build software; we approach development as a well-honed craft.
- We are experts who believe in being innovative while having fun, and working continuously to refine our skills.
- We are committed to excellence in everything we do, from the technology we choose to the people who make up our team. With excellence as a guiding principle, we deliver quality results that ensure client satisfaction.
- We approach work with integrity. We do what we say we'll do, and we operate with transparency and honesty.
- We work cohesively and see each person at Nortal as a critical contributor.
- We prize teamwork, and support each other in providing the best results for our clients. No one on our team is superior to another - we help each other out, in the spirit of personal growth.
- We don’t deploy into infrastructure, we build reusable infrastructure with software and automation.
Nortal combines strategy, change, and technology to deliver meaningful impact. Together with approx 800 professionals, we create data-driven and seamless processes for governments, businesses and healthcare institutions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and in the U.S. We run projects in more than 20 countries across the globe, with the aim to simplify and optimize naturally complex processes in order to create a seamless society.
We are here to stay! We have over 180 employees in 4 offices in Finland and 2018 was Nortal’s best year ever with revenue of 66,7 million euros. Read more about our projects in our web and have a look at our Tech Map.
Let’s meet at Mikonkatu 15 and you can get more first-hand info about what it’s like to work at Nortal!
Contact me for further details:
+358 40 6616 338