Software Development – Engineering
Come and join us in developing the e-Estonia success story further! We are looking for a senior developer / architect for one of our most important eID (electronic identity) projects - Certification Authority. With this position, you'll have a key role in the whole development cycle from initial design right through to production.
Your responsibilities will also include leading the design and build process of high performing ultra secure systems and orchestrating it all with existing microservices. You will gain valuable experience in developing security and mission critical solutions with latest technology and greatest development tools and process.
With the help of solutions developed by us, contracts are signed digitally, payments are made through internet banking, and people are securely cross-border authenticated.
The majority of Estonian ID-card and Mobile-ID software has been developed by Nortal - are you ready to be a part of the next generation of eID solutions? To work with the latest technologies and on solutions that make a real difference that you can be proud of?
What is expected from you?
- 5+ years of active experience in back-end Java development;
- Good software design and understanding of patterns, principals and practices;
- Good client communication skills
- Experience with Spring framework (Spring Boot etc.)
- Analytical thinking;
- Estonian language skills
Nice to have
- Knowledge / interest in PKI and eID solutions;
- Knowledge / interest about cryptography;
- Knowledge and experience with continuous integration;
- Basic Linux skills;
- Interest in contributing to open source projects;
- Experience with Spring framework (Spring Boot etc.);
- Experience with Agile process;
- Experience with REST & SOAP interfaces;
- Interest in microservices architecture;
You will be responsible for
- Developing certification authority solution - mostly back-end, based on microservices architecture
- Designing and developing new features according to business needs and changed technology trends;
- Client communication - figuring out problems, needs and solutions;
- Planning, proposing and executing code optimization and refactoring activities;
- Ensuring high level of test automation (Unit tests)
Why join the eID project?
- eID team has a great number of different eID projects. Certification Authority will be good starting point diving into eID.
- Our team and projects give you an opportunity to experience the whole eID ecosystem while working side-by-side with people with the best available eID competence in the world!
Nortal has transformed governmental efficiency worldwide with large-scale national projects. With a strategic approach and data-driven technology, we help to create transparent eGovernment solutions, make it easier to do business and provide human-centric healthcare systems.
Sander, Nortal's Senior Software Developer:
"Because it’s a big enough company to have plenty of opportunities to develop yourself, take part in interesting and world-changing projects and yet, it’s small enough to feel cozy."
If you are curious, we are glad to set up a meeting for you to get first-hand info from Nortal developers!