U.S., Kirkland, WA
Software Development – Engineering
Nortal US (previously Dev9) is a global consulting company with a small company feel, and we are looking for a Data Architect to help drive all our data decisions for projects both now, and in the future. Nortal does high-end consulting engagements with most of the enterprise level clients in the Seattle area, and we are looking for a dynamic leader who can help guide our data initiatives into possible areas like machine learning in the future.
We are looking for somebody smart, technical, and personable. Somebody who loves working on complex data problems that will have a huge impact on our company. The right person for this role will have leadership ability, and also be able to work well with both executives and other data engineers at the same time.
This is really your chance to help make your mark in a global company that still has a flat organization (so it's easier to make an impact). A large company that is also still small enough to where your data contributions and talent is really going to be noticed and appreciated.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- This individual will guide the core choices around data for a large team at a major enterprise. A data architect is responsible with designing, creating, deploying and managing the project data architecture.
- This person will need to help drive data decisions for the project, and help drive all future Nortal data projects. We are looking for somebody who can drive data decisions from the angle of a developer.
- Perform analysis and POC work with data against multiple data paradigms: SQL, Key-Value, Document, and Graph databases.
- Make recommendations about the direction for the database to support future team efforts.
- Lead the data engineering and developer teams to structure data and data flows to support new workloads.
- Develop data-centric tooling such as migration scripts, transforms, and other new workloads.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Develop data acquisition tooling.
- In the future, this person could start being part of machine learning projects
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience with 2 or more SQL databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or MySQL required
- Experience with NoSQL database (Redis, ElastiCache, MongoDB, Graph DBs, Dynamo) required
- Experience with Java required
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop technologies (like MapReduce, hive, and Pig) Data Mining and Modeling is nice to have
- Experience in a consulting company is nice to have
- Previous experience in a leadership role is nice to have
Why should you join Nortal?
- You would be in a key strategic data leadership position in a global consulting company that still has a small company feel.
- We are growing! Lots of opportunities for advancement, and to make an impact.
- Be in a highly visible position at an enterprise level company.
What makes Nortal Unique:
- We don't just build software; we approach development as a well-honed craft.
- We are experts who believe in being innovative while having fun and working continuously to refine our skills.
- We are committed to excellence in everything we do, from the technology we choose to the people who make up our team. With excellence as a guiding principle, we deliver quality results that ensure client satisfaction.
- We approach work with integrity. We do what we say we'll do, and we operate with transparency and honesty.
- We work cohesively and see each person at Nortal as a critical contributor.
- We prize teamwork and support each other in providing the best results for our clients.
- We offer full time positions for our employees.
The position is full-time with excellent benefits.
Check us out http://www.nortal.com
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.(local to the Seattle area), no telecommute, no relocation