CDL Class A Shuttle Driver
Operations and Supply Chain – Logistics
Class A driver with tandem endorsement to shuttle double, two 28’ pup trailers between Somerset, MA and East Hampton, CT. Driver could start in either location. Hours are from 6:00 PM - 2:30 AM
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Review truck route manifest with dispatcher prior to daily departure.
- Pre-inspect truck fluid levels, lights, or other repairs that may be necessary using truck inspection check list to confirm vehicle is safe to drive.
- Pre-inspect load is properly secured in truck.
- Drive safely to job site at posted speed limits. Do not use cell phones while driving.
- At arrival to site, ensure there is a safe environment to unload. Communicate potential on-site hazards to onsite management or contact NAC dispatcher.
- Confirm a support person is on the ground level to ensure safe unloading.
- Inspect products while unloading at customer delivery location for quality, quantity, size, style and color using delivery tickets and acquired knowledge of product line.
- Communicate regularly with dispatcher to ensure timely product delivery at job site. Report all damaged material so that it may be recorded.
- Collect COD balances if required.
- Keep all required trip records and other reports relative to the vehicles. These reports should be neat and legible. Perform required after operation“user maintenance”and provide required reports.
- Report any incidents or injuries immediately to dispatcher.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
- Maintain a safe and clean truck.
- Maintain a positive image of the company and its products to customer using a healthy and positive attitude. Thank customers for their business at every delivery.
Required Education & Experience
- Valid CDL Driver’s License with prior road experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English well
- Millwork product knowledge helpful
- Material Handling experience helpful
- Forklift (if required)
- Must take and pass post-offer screening drug test, physical and consent to a background check
- Must be able to lift 75+ lbs repeatedly
- Driving, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Reaching, Bending, Lifting/Carrying, Reading, Looking, Hearing
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions (i.e. rain, snow, cold, heat)
- Job site conditions may be slippery, wet, bumpy surfaces depending on the site
- Extended work day as needed
Required Tools or Clothing
- Work Boots
- Tape Measure
- Work gloves for material handling
- Lunch box or lunch tote to bring lunch
- All weather gear for rain, snow
- No hooded sweatshirts with strings