US 129 - Sr. Application Architect Lead
Boston or Virginia or NC or Columbus or Cincinnati, OH or Detroit or NY or NJ /
Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping customers in a "once in a generation" shift to the cloud and AWS. NorthBay is a 300 person fast growing AWS Cloud-based Professional Services firm helping customers build solutions for data platforms and analytics, ML/Ai, DevOps, Database Migrations and custom application development and modernization. Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help grow NorthBay as a key technology provider to the Enterprise?
NorthBay is seeking technically savvy hands-on Sr. Application Architect Lead to implement solutions for our customers working with our offshore engineering team. In this role, you will collaborate with NorthBay customers, some working onsite, understand requirements and needs, translate into specifications to develop solutions, drive work with offshore engineering teams, and deliver solutions and results to the customer. This includes assessing customer needs, re-engineering business intelligence processes, designing and developing data models, and sharing your expertise throughout the deployment process.
- Leads application architecture design sessions (w/ overall authority to approve design decisions)
- Understands and has extensive experience with a majority of AWS services relevant to Customer
- Works with customer & AWS project teams to advise on best practices around the following: DevOps, Image Build process, Backups, Config management, Automation, Business Continuity, DR, HA, Taxonomy, and Tagging
- Leads application optimization workstream for the project team, driving definition of stories and tasks required for migration at scale
- Develops Playbooks and Runbooks as needed to support application optimization workstream
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Programing skills in: Python, Java, Node.js, .NET or Scala
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Minimum five years of Big Data Engineering on AWS experience
- AWS Solution Architect
- AWS Big data Specialty
- Or any Data Centric Certifications
This position can be located in Boston or Virginia or NC or Columbus or Cincinnati, OH or Detroit or NY or NJ.