CAD 157 - CTO, Canada
Toronto, Montreal or Remote Canada
NorthBay Solutions is an Advanced Consulting Partner for AWS. NorthBay was the first AWS Partner to achieve the “Big Data” competency from AWS, and the first AWS Partner to achieve the “ML/AI” competency from AWS. A significant portion of our projects are joint projects with AWS Professional Services. Both our Global CTO and our VP ML/AI previously worked at AWS.
NorthBay is opening an office in Canada, and we envision hiring 200+ local AWS Cloud Engineers. We have offices in USA, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and are looking to open other offshore locations. Some of our previous projects include database migrations, data lakes, ML/AI, DevOps and modern serverless applications for some of the largest and most progressive companies in the world.
We need rock stars that love creativity, have a passion for excellence, and strive to be the best. We are seeking an experienced, technically savvy CTO. You do Not need to be an expert on AWS Cloud technologies, we will train you to be an AWS Cloud Solutions Architect. Our U.S. team has Solutions Architects that previously worked at AWS, and NorthBay is committed to “training and mentoring” our Canada-based CTO.
We are looking for:
Technical depth and a track record of solving difficult technical problems.
A Desire to learn new AWS Services and AWS Architectural Patterns.
A Desire to “teach” AWS skills to engineering teams
You enjoy explaining the benefits & trade-offs of different “Cloud Architecture patterns”.
Excellent listening skills
You enjoy hiring and Training the best local engineers.
We are looking for future leaders
- You will build and lead a nationally distributed team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, providing feedback and hands-on career development
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values and all Global Regions
- Build solid relations between peers and demonstrate you are an excellent team leader and member in a high performing environment
- You will demonstrate sound engineering principles by directly contributing toward your team's goals. Sometimes hands-on 50% development (data-centric / application development projects) and 50% Management
- You will be the go-to Tech Champion/leader across all wider tech projects in your Region - Canada
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Effectively set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, senior management, and external Stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern data and application technologies. Implement development best practices, leveraging those used by our Pakistan Team
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practises
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
- Work with the Sales team to help with pre-sales activities and solution offerings
- Identify and build technology partnerships
- Oversee customer projects and internal initiatives
- Your three leg focus will be on Services, Products and Delivery
Must Have Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Minimum 15 years of software industry experience
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming complex & scalable applications
- Preferably, in a Cloud environment (but this is NOT a requirement)Pleasant and humble personality (yes, this is a requirement)
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Programing skills in: Python, Java, Node.js or .NET
- General understanding of state of the art technology innovations like Blockchain, ML/AI/VR etc
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows
- Deep appreciation of “engineering quality”Extensive experience with “code reviews”
- Ability to work across teams, including on-shore and off-shore
- Successful leadership of software development teams
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new technologies and skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Occasional travel to U.S. and throughout Canada is a requirement
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Hands on experience with AWS services
- Pre-sales experience for services/products
- Public speaking skills at technology events
- Published whitepapers/blogs etc
- Experience communicating with customer’s senior executives
- Diversified experience working for Enterprises, Startups and Consulting services