144 - AWS DevOps Practice Lead - Up to 70% travel required
Tech Dept – DevOps Team
Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping customers in a "once in a generation" shift to the cloud and AWS. NorthBay is a 300 person fast growing AWS Cloud-based Professional Services firm helping customers build solutions for data platforms and analytics, ML/Ai, DevOps, Database Migrations and custom application development and modernization. Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help grow NorthBay as a key technology provider to the Enterprise?
We are seeking a hands on practice leader for our DevOps team, to join NorthBay. NorthBay is a 350 person fast growing AWS Cloud-based Professional Services firm helping customers build solutions for data platforms and analytics, ML/Ai, DevOps, Database Migrations and custom application development and modernization. This person will be responsible for staffing, managing, growing and developing our AWS DevOps/DataOps team, building our consulting offerings, executing customer project success and more. The person will work directly with our customers to design and implement automated deployment processes for supporting line of business products and applications and managing their lifecycle through automation, consistent, reliable and repeatable workflows. Helping developers to build and innovate and deploy product code faster, securely and create solutions developers need to exploit the benefits of DevOps, DataOps and other automated deployment capabilities.
- To work with senior managers and your team to establish NorthBay as the leader in AWS DevOps/DataOps.
- To hire, train, grow and mentor a group of DevOps field Consultants.
- Define key metrics and then select / deploy tools for data collection and metric presentation.
- Audit team compliance to principles and continuous improvement.
- Assist in defining, architecting and developing go-to-market services packages and offerings.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the projects, tools, and processes that you are responsible for.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components.
- Monitor existing application and infrastructure while working to improve existing monitoring.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and management.
- 7+ years demonstrated proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring, and troubleshooting Kubernetes & Docker Container Orchestration infrastructure.
- Experience in managing and leading teams of DevOps consultants.
- Experience in managing a large K8S cluster and scaling significantly at enterprise scale.
- Versed in administration tasks of managing Docker images, container networking and standard infrastructure maintenance tasks on Docker and Kubernetes platformMust have knowledge of Linux kernel options such as control groups and defining application groups to restrict resources.
- Building automation tools in Terraform and/or Python.
- Experience with AWS CI/CD pipelines and setting up repository packages.
- Experience in implementing Kubernetes in production environment.
- Successful experience building out and supporting a Cloud production environment.
- Required AWS SDK Python Boto3 working with custom, cots, and open source Python.
- Familiarity with native AWS DevOps PaaS toolset, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipelineKnowledge of cloud deployment tools and methodologies including Terraform (Packer, Troposphere, AWS CloudFormation required).
- Experience with more than one configuration management solution (i.e. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS CodeDeploy).
- Solid proficiency with Repository AND Pipeline related tools (GitLab, GIT - Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, Circle CI).
- Experience with the implementation and use of different Application and Infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages. Python is required.
- Communicate effectively, written and verbal to a range of audiences.
- Must be a leader individual contributor, assume ownership for tasks and have great attention to detail.
- Comprehensive debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- AWS Certifications