US 134 - Senior AWS Application Migration & Modernization Consultant
Boston or Virginia or NC or Columbus or Cincinnati, OH or Detroit or NY or NJ /
Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping customers in a "once in a generation" shift to the cloud and AWS. NorthBay is a 300 person fast growing AWS Cloud-based Professional Services firm helping customers build solutions for data platforms and analytics, ML/Ai, DevOps, Database Migrations and custom application development and modernization. Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help grow NorthBay as a key technology provider to the Enterprise?
NorthBay is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, strong interpersonal, and business acumen to drive enterprise transformation and lead a portfolio of large-scale application development projects and migrations. As part of our Application Migration & Modernization Practice, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced AWS-based solutions, and how to migrate existing applications and associated workloads to the cloud. In this role, you would be part of leading a complex and ambitious program to build our solutions and capabilities within the Application Migration and Modernization Practice, as well as elevating the technical execution and delivery.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated technical experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven leader with the ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects.
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be AWS cloud optimized
- Working as a technical team member alongside customer business, development teams.
- Providing deep software development capabilities with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
- Advising and implementing AWS best practices
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Agile software development and DevOps
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in software development4+ years AWS Cloud experience
- 7 years of experience in implementation/consulting
- 5 years hands-on experience in software development, Object Oriented Principles and Design Patterns5 years hands-on experience in Java, Scala or C++ compiled languages
- 5 years of experience in Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices and RESTFul web services
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS DMS tools.
- Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Experience with AWS CI/CD Technologies.
- Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation.
- Experience with configuration management platforms.
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Bash)Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active opensource contributor)
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environmentsAWS Developer Certification
This position can be located in Boston or Virginia or NC or Columbus or Cincinnati, OH or Detroit or NY or NJ.