CAD 159 - Senior Cloud Engineer
NorthBay is a premier provider of big data consulting and product services. We are an AWS advanced consulting partner certified in big data, public sector, mobile, machine learning, DevOps and education competencies. We build and help deploy data centric solutions on AWS. Our customer initiatives include database migrations, data lakes, ML/AI, DevOps and modern serverless applications for some of the most progressive companies in the world. We need experienced professionals that love creativity, have a passion for excellence, and strive to be the best.
PositionWe are looking for a strong Cloud Engineer and leader that has a passion for cloud-based platforms and an interest in providing mentorship and relationship management to support development teams’ migration onto the cloud. Strong Cloud / AWS experience and a strong Java or python / Web Services background are required as well as good grip on Concourse, Cloud Formation and scripting skills.
The Team:As a member of the Cloud Enablement workstream you will provide technical and subject-matter expertise through full-stack support to offshore teams using our Cloud Foundations Pipelines.
- 8+ years of experience delivering applications and services in a distributed environment.
- Backend development experience using any server side programming language.
- Hands-on implementation experience with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Unix, Python, JSON, Chef, Ansible).
- Detailed knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management Tools (e.g. Stash, Jenkins, uDeploy) and proven familiarity with foundational cloud elements (Concourse, Cloud Formation, Containers).
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Service capabilities (AWS Certification is recommended and/or preferred).
- Strong technical acumen with a strategic and innovative attitude and an ability to prioritize concurrently.
- Critical thinking with focus on delivery execution, the quality of outcomes and a validated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
- Coordination of your work through strong interpersonal, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Efficiency in solving challenging problems with a high degree of ownership and accountability for results.
Good to have Qualifications
- 1+ years experience in following AWS Services (AWS Serverless,CI/CD, S3, SQS, IAM, CloudWatch, AWS EMR, Cloudformation, EC2)
- 1+ years experience in following Data Frameworks (Apache Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Zeppelin, Hue)
- AWS Developer or other certification
- Experience in developing solutions in collaboration with external customers and offshore teams